share rss forum feed

fourboxers
Co-Lead Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto, ON

2 edits

1 recommendation

Official Windstream Tech Support

We're happy to announce Windstream now has official support in the forum.

Private information still should not be posted in the forum nor should you share privately any information not required for support, such as credit card, SSN etc.

Please start your own topic to get better attention rather than having several people looking for help in one topic.

The following members are official Windstream representatives and are available to answer your questions.

Windstream See Profile

patricia_m See Profile

larissa_b See Profile

aaron_f See Profile

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:18
Welcome aboard, Windstream See Profile. It's good to have you with us.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
reply to fourboxers
Excellent news and smart move on the Companies part!!

Welcome aboard!

Windstream
Premium,VIP
join:2009-03-31
Twinsburg, OH
kudos:38

1 recommendation

Thank you, we're glad to be a part of this community!

BlueArcher
Premium
join:2003-03-11
Nashville, TN
reply to fourboxers
I was wondering when this would happen! Once I saw the tech support on Twitter, I knew it couldn't be far behind over here.

If these guys do HALF as good a job as the ATT/SBC guys did back in the day when they started tech support on this site, then we are in for a real treat. If anyone on here is having trouble with their DSL that they haven't gotten resolved by normal tech support methods, I highly recommend reaching out on here. I saw the guys on SBC/ATT support on DSLR fix some seriously off the wall on-going unresolved issues that customers had been having for years.

BlueArcher
Premium
join:2003-03-11
Nashville, TN
haha, I just noticed the date on this was 4/7... oops!

fourboxers
Co-Lead Mod
Toronto, ON
reply to fourboxers

(topic move) Official Windstream Tech Support

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »How to Contact Local Support

Bobec
No Stooge
Premium
join:2001-01-04
Jefferson, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to Windstream

Re: Official Windstream Tech Support

Couldn't help but notice that Windstream was getting more involved in providing answers and assistance to many on these boards. Nice to have an official company spokesperson here to help.

Welcome...and as long as you're here now, could you see about getting 24MB service in my neighborhood? LOL!
--
Are we having fun yet?

Piggie
I Actually use Windstream
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Orange Springs, FL
Reviews:
·Windstream
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to Windstream
Thank you for being here!

There are a couple of threads open now where customers are not getting issues resolved by phone support. Maybe you can help them please.

»[Troubles] Intermittent service

»Windstream DSLAM *KABOOM*
--
| Speedstream 4200 Modem - 3m/384 plan | W98-W2KSP4-XPSP2 - All AMD | Buffalo WHR G54S with Tomato 1.18 | 3 downstream switches feeding 6 total clients (no wireless) | Including the Data port on the side of my neck |

fourboxers
Co-Lead Mod
Toronto, ON
reply to fourboxers

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »New Activation question...

sashwa
Premium,Mod
Alcatraz
reply to fourboxers

(topic move) Windstream Connection Problems

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »Windstream Connection Problems

sashwa
Premium,Mod
Alcatraz
reply to fourboxers

(topic move) Problems in Tompkinsville, Kentucky

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »Problems in Tompkinsville, Kentucky
Expand your moderator at work

eyeteach

join:2001-08-12
Saint Louis, MO
reply to fourboxers

Official Windstream Tech Support

Having tech support here is nice, BUT there is no backup plan to reach tech support when there is a problem. Twice in the last month there has been a total system failure of all Windstream services including calls to Tech support made from non Windstream cell phones(most recent 8/26/2010 4PM CDT). Having a business that switched to Nuvox, now Windstream, I have lost a lot of business with my phones being totally down during business hours on two separate occasions. I cannot understand how a large provider does not have an adequate backup plan to reach tech support and to maintain phone service. I would STRONGLY DISCOURAGE ANY BUSINESS FROM USING WINDSTREAM UNTIL THESE ISSUES ARE ADEQUATELY ADDRESSED and a backup plan and compensation is put into place. I will be switching to another carrier as soon as I can.

Windstream
Premium,VIP
join:2009-03-31
Twinsburg, OH
kudos:38
eyeteach - I apologize for the issues with phone system failures you mention. In the issues you note these events were unplanned, and service was restored as quickly as possible. Your concern regarding the ability to reach tech support during these issues is noted, and will be reviewed.

In regards to compensation I would recommend that you contact our Billing department. If you have an account with a Service Level Agreement the compensation should be spelled out in the plan. Otherwise the billing department should be able to address your concerns.

-BP
--
We're here to help! wci.broadbandhelp@windstream.com

sashwa
Premium,Mod
Alcatraz
reply to fourboxers

(topic move) Ashland, KY slow-downs

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »Ashland, KY slow-downs

fourboxers
Co-Lead Mod
Toronto, ON
reply to fourboxers

(topic move) Speed Issues

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »Speed Issues

fourboxers
Co-Lead Mod
Toronto, ON
reply to fourboxers

(topic move) Modem reboot needed to correct speed

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »Modem reboot needed to correct speed

Wil

@windstream.net
reply to fourboxers

Re: Official Windstream Tech Support

where can I find a book on this fast 1704 modem/router. 2wire was easy to set up my network. This one Im having some difficulties.

sashwa
Premium,Mod
Alcatraz
reply to fourboxers

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »Sagem 1704 Wireless Router Troubles

sashwa
Premium,Mod
Alcatraz
reply to fourboxers

(topic move) Problems with my connection

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »Is there any chance that my nearest box being upgraded soon?
Expand your moderator at work