spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Jedimindtrix
join:2009-04-09
Des Moines, IA

Jedimindtrix

Mediacom to buy Sprint?

A friend of mine, who works for Mediacom down in Gulf Breeze , FL told me that Mediacom was in the talking point of buying out Sprint. Not a portion, not a fraction, the whole company.

The problem? Sprint sucks to high heaven! When their service does work, it's okay at best. I'm talking not only broadband wireless internet, but cellular and 3G as well. And the company as a whole has been reported as of late dropping in sales, and everything else. The company is going to be belly up before too long.

My question is this: Why would Mediacom want to buy out a crap company? Yeah, if their stuff worked, I can see why. But Mediacom as a cellular provider? Does that mean that they will be getting rid of their "home phone" service? Broadband internet? What about wireless internet, and cable tv? So they can reach those "non serviceable areas" and provide people with crappy TV and internet?

How many customers is Mediacom going to lose if this happens? Not only that, but how many upset Sprint customers are going to switch to Verizon, T-Mobile, or US Cellular because they want to get away from the black hole that is Mediacom?
wardfan
join:2007-08-14
Moline, IL

2 edits

wardfan

That's completely impossible. Mediacom does not have the money to buy out such a large corporation. They may be buying out their home phone service through Sprint, who handles it now, but the WHOLE corporation, not a chance.

Side note, Sprint is not that bad of a company, I have had their cellular service for 6 years now and have NEVER had a problem.

2nd side note, There are other companies (AT&T, Verizon) that offer phone service and cellular, and TV(dish or cable), Mediacom is probably just trying to compete with them and is PARTNERING with Sprint for the cell service, that has been in the talks for 3 years now. So they're either partnering more(by adding a cell provider), or buying out the home service from them. Mediacom just recently got their own DNS servers and left AT&T, so that is a possibility, they have been trying to rely less on other companies.

This is more likely to be the case, IMHO

Quadruple Play

On November 2, 2005 Sprint Nextel and a coalition of US-based Cable television providers announced a partnership where cable TV customers would be able to bundle their Sprint or Nextel cell phones with either their Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications or Advance/Newhouse Communications cable bills.

jomama3
join:2002-11-21

jomama3 to Jedimindtrix

to Jedimindtrix
you are about 8 days late for April Fools

Ha
@mchsi.com

Ha

Anon

That would be like your local pharmacist buying Phizer!

no
@mchsi.com

no to Jedimindtrix

Anon

to Jedimindtrix
That was a good laugh. I think you might have heard, or your friend meant to say that Comcast was thinking of buying Sprint (I don't think Comcast is that stupid though). Mediacom is a little hick company....they aren't in a position to be buying a major corporation like Sprint.

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

Santa Fe to Jedimindtrix

to Jedimindtrix
Hahaha.....And I was already to start calling the NASCAR Sprint Cup the NASCAR Mediacom Cup.
Pringlescan
join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA

Pringlescan to no

to no
said by no :

That was a good laugh. I think you might have heard, or your friend meant to say that Comcast was thinking of buying Sprint (I don't think Comcast is that stupid though). Mediacom is a little hick company....they aren't in a position to be buying a major corporation like Sprint.
There not hick company. They could purchase sprint. Doubtful, but not impossible.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

Considering Sprint's EV is tenfold over Mediacom's I don't see a buyout coming anytime soon.

twansenne
join:2003-10-27
IA

twansenne to Pringlescan

to Pringlescan
said by Pringlescan:

said by no :

There not hick company. They could purchase sprint. Doubtful, but not impossible.
Impossible.

Compare the income stmts....
»finance.aol.com/financia ··· tatement

»finance.aol.com/financia ··· tatement

I don't see how MCC could raise the cash to buy Sprint.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

Mediacom could not raise enough MONOPOLY money to buy Sprint.

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

Santa Fe to Jedimindtrix

to Jedimindtrix
Perchance he meant this: Sprint, Mediacom Announce VOIP Deal

or

Sprint signs on Mediacom in cable VoIP pact ?
wardfan
join:2007-08-14
Moline, IL

wardfan

That was in 2005, lol