MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to 88615298

MVM

to 88615298

Re: stupid pirates

said by 88615298:

Ok won't pay for content but will pay PB so they can steal it? WTF?
There are many people out there who donate to private torrent sites to give them bandwidth or keep them in business. Then you have people willing to pay for Rapidshare accounts and download that way.

I have a friend who pays about $70 a year for a premium rapidshare account and pays $50 a year for private torrent sites for bandwidth and donations. He figures the $120 a year he spends saves him tens of thousands of dollars on music, movies, software, and so on.

I don't subscribe to this line of thinking, but there are people out there that do.

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium Member
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI

2 recommendations

baineschile

Premium Member

I wish I had the time and effort to enjoy tens of thousands of dollars worth of music and movies every year

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by baineschile:

I wish I had the time and effort to enjoy tens of thousands of dollars worth of music and movies every year
Some people do it just to say they have it. Some will do it just to get software to use every now and then but just don't see the value in spending on it. Others do it to really save money. I know a few people who use Adobe Photoshop in a personal freelance business. They may make 20k a year, but they won't spend the money on Photoshop to make it legit. I know a couple small businesses who pirate 10-20 copies of similar software because its free instead of spending on the licenses to make it legit. Its really sad.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by Nightfall:

I know a few people who use Adobe Photoshop in a personal freelance business. They may make 20k a year, but they won't spend the money on Photoshop to make it legit. I know a couple small businesses who pirate 10-20 copies of similar software because its free instead of spending on the licenses to make it legit. Its really sad.

»reporting.bsa.org/usa/home.aspx
Snapped 2009-04-09 13:31:09
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

1 recommendation

88615298 (banned) to Nightfall

to Nightfall
said by Nightfall:

said by 88615298:

Ok won't pay for content but will pay PB so they can steal it? WTF?
There are many people out there who donate to private torrent sites to give them bandwidth or keep them in business. Then you have people willing to pay for Rapidshare accounts and download that way.

I have a friend who pays about $70 a year for a premium rapidshare account and pays $50 a year for private torrent sites for bandwidth and donations. He figures the $120 a year he spends saves him tens of thousands of dollars on music, movies, software, and so on.

I don't subscribe to this line of thinking, but there are people out there that do.

So you friend is a thief then. Pure and simple. He should be jailed. Maybe I'll go into wal-mart and get a new HDTV but instead of paying the price they want I've give wal-mart $20 and wlak out then door. I'll save thousands of $$ a year shopping that way.

It's dickheads like your friend that make shit more difficult for the rest of us. Tell your friend to ask his boss at Burger King to give him a raise so he can afford his 99 cent songs.

Your friend and people like him need to learn THEY don't get to dictate price. And if they don't like the price they don't have to buy, but they also don't get to have the item wither.
bricktoppp
join:2006-10-05

bricktoppp to FFH5

to FFH5

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

1 edit

FFH5

Premium Member

said by bricktoppp:
Stop snitching
That certainly is the 1st rule for groups and people who break the law. They don't want to get caught. But I want them caught. I guess that makes me a "Law & Order" supporter.

DaMaGeINC
The Lan Man
Premium Member
join:2002-06-08
Greenville, SC

DaMaGeINC to 88615298

Premium Member

to 88615298
Again, walking into a store and physically stealing something is not the same as copying 1's and 0's.

biggbrother
Premium Member
join:2001-11-07
Providence, RI

biggbrother

Premium Member

said by DaMaGeINC:

Again, walking into a store and physically stealing something is not the same as copying 1's and 0's.
So then you believe that the media on which the music is stored, in the store, accounts for nearly the entire purchase price then?

Hangmn
Don't Fight It...It's Inevitable
Premium Member
join:2000-04-08
Philadelphia, PA

Hangmn

Premium Member

said by biggbrother:
said by DaMaGeINC:

So then you believe that the media on which the music is stored, in the store, accounts for nearly the entire purchase price then?
No we already know those prices are inflated by colusion
« TPB give me freedom!
This is a sub-selection from stupid pirates