Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mikeo9

join:2009-04-09

1 edit
reply to Hwnsista

Re: [Scam] Ebay Motors Scam

Did that get posted for everyone to see. Or was that sent to you.. sorry I am new to this. How do I post it for all/can you forward that back to me. Thanks. And good luck with you car purchases in the future.

.. Ill leave that cause I think its kinda funny.. sorry all im a noob at this .. ok .. lets try this again.

So a similar situation happened to me within the last two days.. I always check these forum when I think I'm being scammed so I wanted to share this one.

I saw an add on carigslist for a motorcycle. Look like a too good to be true deal, but responded. Here is the response:

Hello and sorry for the late reply. Hope I'm not too late and you didn't already purchased another bike.
I saw you are interested in my 2008 Honda CBR 600cc. The bike has 780 miles( it's like new ) - i gotta sell it fast because of my job. Rust free, no scratch and hasn't been involved in any accident( never been laid down ).This is one of the best bikes I have owned so far. The bike has a CLEAN title.I want this transaction to be smooth and I don't have much time at my disposal to waste with endless discussions. I believe $3,800 is more than a fair price. Let me know if you wanna buy it.

Thank you,

Lt. Paul Jackson

P.S. More pictures here:
»s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu10···onda600/

First thing that tipped me off to it being a scam was immediately after I recieved a response I researched craigslist for the posting and it was gone. In the email, he answered all but one of my questions, which I found odd. Also, was in a rush to sell, which was another bad sign. Giving the benefit of the doubt, people have their reasons some times, I responded back. Told him I would like the VIN number and would like to see the bike, test drive it, and if everything checked out we would make the exchange that day. His response:

The bike is at MacDill AFB, Tampa Bay, FL, where I am currently stationed, until April 19th, when I will be deployed to Iraq (I'm a US AirForce Lieutenant). This is why I must sell it before that date. Shipping won't be a problem for me,being a military I have access to some special facilities. I will take care of that, with no costs on your end. This is a large amount and I would like to conduct the deal using an authorized third party like Ebay using their Purchase Protection Program, so this should eliminate any trust issues. They will keep a deposit until the purchase is final, and you test and accept the bike. If you will not get the bike as described, and also a clean title you will receive your money back.To be able to use this program you need to qualify. I have been approved 3 years ago and I was very satisfied. So, if you are interested in buying my bike just let me know your name and shipping address.
I will forward these to eBay's protection program and wait for the approval.
You can reach me at (xxx) xxx-xxxx or you can leave me your phone # as well.

Thank you,
Lt. Paul Jackson

you can see the vin number in the pictures I uploaded

It is obvious now that it is a scam. This was also posted in a philadelphia craigslist posting. So what should I do now? I am kinda tempted to response and see what the next stage of the scam would be. What do you think?

garys_2k
Premium
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI
Sure, screw with him. Also, post the email's headers here in a code block -- we'll tell you where the mail's originating from (unless he's using gmail or another client that hides his IP).

mikeo9

join:2009-04-09
he is using gmail .. I will reply and see what happens

MGD
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-31
kudos:9
Post his phone number too, since there is no question that he is a scammer. I am sure it is a voip throw away number anyway. However, it will be archived by search engines for other potential victims to find.

MGD

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House

4 edits
reply to mikeo9
said by mikeo9:

he is using gmail .. I will reply and see what happens
hey, tell him you have a "friend" in Tampa that will check it out for you, i can get access to the base

he's quite evasive about the VIN, it isnt too readable (or it's just my bad eyes). since it's located here, i shouldnt have any issues pulling it up with a FL title

scratch that:
here's the ebay auction
»cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-CB···orcycles
the "vin" picture matches.
one truth is it's really located here in Tampa, being sold by a dealer(Total Toys). I used to live a few blocks from the location.
--
| map your city |