uniqs

tileguy
Premium Member
join:2007-08-09
Derry, NH

tileguy

Premium Member

Actiontec M1424WR Router crashing

I have FiOS with an Actiontec M1424WR Router that stops working during things like video or speed tests. Anything where a high speed download is happening causes an internet stoppage. I have Vonage hooked up to it and I still can call but all internet will be gone. The only remedy is to reboot the router but when I continue the video or download it locks up again. Does anyone else have this problem? It has been happening before Fairpoint took over for Verizon and getting through to Fairpoint is not easy. Anyone have any ideas on a fix or should I live with it till I can finally get through to Fairpoint?

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

Well, since you are in Fairpoint territory now - you will have to deal with them. Verizon isn't supporting FiOS in New England for Fairpoint any longer. That includes the Actiontec BHR. Sorry.

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber to tileguy

MVM

to tileguy
One option would be to run your own router.
You can find instructions here:
»Verizon FiOS FAQ »Replacing the Actiontec (part 1): Coax to Ethernet
You would still need to contact Fairpoint to switch your ONT from coax WAN to cat5 WAN, which can be done remotely.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa to tileguy

Mod

to tileguy
Let's get you moved over to our Fairpoint Forum for help with your Fairpoint service.