This is a sub-selection from Rocky/TSI on the CBC

Maynard G Krebs
@teksavvy.com

Maynard G Krebs to El Quintron

Anon

to El Quintron

Re: Rocky/TSI on the CBC

said by El Quintron:

I think the local loop is already unbundled, what we're looking for is to unbundle the Sub-Loop.

Start with all the CO's in Toronto/Montreal that are close to the subway lines and cut a deal with the TTC/Metro to string fibre down their tunnels to the NAP. Probably way cheaper to do a deal like this than to dig up the streets or to use Bell ducts.

This hits Bell/Rogers in their most profitable markets.

otty
join:2008-10-24
Revelstoke, BC

otty

A little off topic but our oh so wise Feds are considering a $150 Million Bailout for CTV and Canwest while at the same time cutting CBC funding. Won't be anywhere to get news like this pretty soon:

»www.cbc.ca/arts/tv/story ··· ?ref=rss

Maynard G Krebs
@teksavvy.com

Maynard G Krebs

Anon

said by otty:

A little off topic but our oh so wise Feds are considering a $150 Million Bailout for CTV and Canwest while at the same time cutting CBC funding. Won't be anywhere to get news like this pretty soon:

»www.cbc.ca/arts/tv/story ··· ?ref=rss
The CBC is far too leftist for the Reform/Conservative party. They would love to see it dead.

not leftist
@mc.videotron.ca

not leftist

Anon

CANwest has been caught censoring its journalists a few years ago in favor of what the Can gov wanted.

Reuters had a shit fit

Journalists started refusing to sign their names on their articles, people went on strike, people got fired etc..

This might be on wiki (not sure). Check out canwest on wiki maybe.

So yeah, there will be "preferential word treatment" (play on words ) for these millions.

It doesn't come free. Control the media and you control a population.

anyhow yeah I agree otty, off topic But a great topic.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to Maynard G Krebs

Premium Member

to Maynard G Krebs
Yeah, I'm still holding my breath to see what kinda Bomb TSI is gonna drop.

I don't think the CRTC will rule in our favour.

otty
join:2008-10-24
Revelstoke, BC

otty

It's a pretty bad sign that they sprung this on us with less than 24 hours notice. It is a good ground for judicial review of any decicion (inadequate notice).

Trisomy21
join:2006-04-27
Kingston, ON

Trisomy21 to not leftist

to not leftist
said by not leftist :

CANwest has been caught censoring its journalists a few years ago in favor of what the Can gov wanted.

Reuters had a shit fit

Journalists started refusing to sign their names on their articles, people went on strike, people got fired etc..

This might be on wiki (not sure). Check out canwest on wiki maybe.

So yeah, there will be "preferential word treatment" (play on words ) for these millions.

It doesn't come free. Control the media and you control a population.

anyhow yeah I agree otty, off topic But a great topic.

No, we're not a communist country at all. Funny, places that are consider such have more freedoms than Canada. I'm actually thinking of moving to my favorite destination

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to otty

Premium Member

to otty
To be honest I don't think we're going to be screwed, because I have faith is TSI and I have faith in the people here.

I'm not much for FUD whether it advances my opinions or not. There are going to be options, as well as other spring ups.

I'm totally going on a limb here but does anybody know anything about openwan/freewan engineering/archtecture?