Search similar:

uniqs

dharel
@gtwy.uscourts.gov

dharel to sleepdeprivedmom

Anon

to sleepdeprivedmom

Re: smoke detectors with a timer

Also, your smoke detector may be the hardwired kind. There is nothing you can do to disable that other than fully disconnecting it, which as others have said is illegal in a multi-family dwelling.

If there is a fire in your apartment, you will be held liable if your smoke detector has been disabled, if you are not dead. Be prepared to pay the consequences if you get caught.

Phil
Rojo Sol
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
Downers Grove, IL

Phil to sleepdeprivedmom

Premium Member

to sleepdeprivedmom
said by sleepdeprivedmom :

thanks all for some of the comments, the others which are hateful or sarcastic and useless. i live in a condo so if there is a fire the neighbors alarm will be going off and in the hallway. i will just unplug mine before i go to bed since everyone wants to throw stones. my landlord isnt very helpful in all of this to begin with.
You either stopped using the crescendo-ro.com proxy, switched to a US based one or simply posted without one. Nice trolling.

rzaruba
join:2000-08-04

rzaruba to sleepdeprivedmom

to sleepdeprivedmom
I think the angel consultant who is a crusader against WiFi would be the one from whom to seek advice.
Waterbug
join:2008-03-30

Waterbug to sleepdeprivedmom

to sleepdeprivedmom

i live in a condo so if there is a fire the neighbors alarm will be going off and in the hallway.
If you live in a condo, you're spinning your wheels. Unless you have metal walls, RF will penetrate them like air. Your neighbors devices may as well be in your bedroom. Try sleeping in the bathtub and using a cars aluminum windshield heat reflector as a blanket. (or simply fill the tub with water).

socalblitz
restore the constitution
Premium Member
join:2008-07-31
Fullerton, CA

socalblitz to sleepdeprivedmom

Premium Member

to sleepdeprivedmom

i live in a condo
If anyone in the neighboring condos has a DECT 6 cordless phone or wireless internet router they're giving off RF continuously. Microwave ovens and cell phones also give off a fair amount of RF when in use. Shutting off your power won't really do much since you share common walls that have energized lines.

Sleeping in a coffin painted with RF shielding paint would accomplish what you're trying to due.
»www.lessemf.com/paint.html

HRM
God Bless America
MVM
join:2002-02-03
Darien, CT

HRM to sleepdeprivedmom

MVM

to sleepdeprivedmom

Thats what tin foil is for.

Wrap your head or the entire room with foil (or make a tent). That should do it.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94 to sleepdeprivedmom

Premium Member

to sleepdeprivedmom

Re: smoke detectors with a timer

Dear sleepdeprivedmom:

No offense, but you are insane if you turn off your smoke detector. As the son of a captain of a firehouse and former master electrician's assistant I can tell you: You are begging to die from fire:

Years ago when I lived in Houston I was driving with my wife of the time back home, and I saw smoke up ahead on Beechnut drive, IIRC. I sped up to see what was going on to see a couple condos in flames and spreading fast. I jumped out of the car and went, frantically, door to door warning and waking people. That day I saved several lives anonymously, and no one ever thanked me.

What is disturbing is that all the neighbors in other buildings were just standing there watching, they didn't care about protecting their neighbors, fracking idiots! There were literally hundreds standing by, no one called the fire department, no one tried to go to the doors of the units, nothing!

I had an 800 MHz radio at the time because I was a legal courier, a radio similar to what the police had so I called it in. If I hadn't called it in, more buildings would have gone up! Later on I learned from a fireman that a man was working in his condo garage using gasoline to clean parts, and it exploded and engulfed the two nearby units almost immediately. People died, but thankfully, while the building was destroyed, I saved the rest of the people in the buildings lives.

I studied this stuff at college, and while I haven't done much electronics since school, I have to say, the idea that RF keeps people up is pure bunk and is just more alarmist foolishness. You would have to move that that town in Virginia that is RF free, as it is the only place like it in the USA, to get away from RF. There is so much RF going around your bedroom it isn't funny and there is nothing you can do about it short of turning your whole house into a Faraday cage, which would be totally silly and foolish and get you laughed at.

I sooner believe in bigfoot than I believe RF is keeping you awake. I suffer sleep disorder too, I can't sleep at night, only during the day usually unless I am totally tired. I hate my problem. I do take Ambien which helps. I also have sleep apnea, so I know all about sleep disorders, many times I've gone days without sleep. Just last night was an example, I hadn't slept more than an hour the day before and was so tired it isn't funny but I couldn't sleep. RF had nothing to do with it, radio stations are far away from here and I can't get reception of them.

I am begging you to be rational and stop believing this sillyness. Go get a sleep doctor and REALLY handle your sleep. There are also natural herb remedies that can be very effective, for instance, buy a bunch of dried hops and dried lavender and put it in a breathable bag in your pillow. It will make you sleep guarenteed, hops are very effective in doing this, just breathing them puts people out. In fact, hops workers tend to fall asleep at the job and get hurt, so they have to work shorter shifts. I saw that on the discovery channel I think.

Phil
Rojo Sol
Premium Member
Downers Grove, IL

Phil

Premium Member

Congrats on providing your dissertation to the troll.

Sir Meowmix III
@windstream.net

Sir Meowmix III to sleepdeprivedmom

Anon

to sleepdeprivedmom
Got to agree with Phil here, looks like a brite crawler here, hate I wasted me time but hopefully it's good for the archives.

sleepdeprivedmom
@jillyred.net

sleepdeprivedmom to sleepdeprivedmom

Anon

to sleepdeprivedmom
thanks all for the replys, i'm now writing this from a mental hospital, i found out i had a serious mental condition and am now in treatment. thanks again.

no_one
@PHNX.QWEST.NET

no_one

Anon

thanks all for the replys, i'm now writing this from a mental hospital, i found out i had a serious mental condition and am now in treatment. thanks again.
Doubt it you write to well.
Plus most people with conditions catch them very early on. Ok some do crop up later. But for the most part they are a little off their whole life.
I have worked in phone repair. Now that attracts a certain type. They hear things or have demons coming up the phone lines. One tech taught me how to put in a demon trap on the phone line at no cost. Cut down on repeats and kept the customer happy.
Or those that would say someone had a transmitter bigger than the airport next door and was listening in on them. You are not close to that yet.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK to sleepdeprivedmom

Premium Member

to sleepdeprivedmom
Placebo. I seriously doubt your sleep issues are due to RF or EMI. There are many causes.....

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to sleepdeprivedmom

Premium Member

to sleepdeprivedmom
I think I called troll about a page ago....seriously, ppl.

KrK
Premium Member
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK to sleepdeprivedmom

Premium Member

to sleepdeprivedmom
If you live in a condo and you disconnect your alarm you'd better hope the fire doesn't begin in your unit and then burn other people's units because of the delayed response time from the fire being noticed due to de-activation of the alarm.

Like I said, you could be liable.

no_one
@PHNX.QWEST.NET

no_one to sleepdeprivedmom

Anon

to sleepdeprivedmom
If someone is a troll does not meam Rf can not affect them. Trolls are living breathing creatures too.

KrK
Premium Member
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK to sleepdeprivedmom

Premium Member

to sleepdeprivedmom

No problem here is some entertainment to cheer you up:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· vEZj0Ltw
Bobcat79
Premium Member
join:2001-02-04

Bobcat79 to no_one

Premium Member

to no_one
said by no_one :

I have worked in phone repair. Now that attracts a certain type. They hear things or have demons coming up the phone lines.
I initially thought you were saying the repair techs heard demons...

whizkid3
MVM
join:2002-02-21
Queens, NY

1 edit

whizkid3 to sleepdeprivedmom

MVM

to sleepdeprivedmom

i did some research into stopping rf and evidently i can make a faraday cage around the smoke detectors using some metal screening.
Unfortunately, it appears you are serious, if somewhat delusional (or doing a good job of jerking our chain). So, I'll play along...

You should not do anything that is dangerous, risks you safety or violates the law. That means no tampering with the smoke detectors. Why don't you do what Michael Faraday did? (And I am serious here.) Build a Faraday cage around your bed (and ground it so it works). You can get sheet-metal really cheap. Go down to a sheet metal shop, and buy enough peices to create a sheet-metal 'bathtub' around and under your bed, just high enough so it is taller than the bed with you in it, while you're sleeping. Have the electrician connect a ground wire to a suitable source of ground. (Roll the edges so it is not sharp as you climb in and out.) It will keep all electro-magnetic fields away from your body and brain while you are sleeping, and keep your smoke alarms, and alarm clock working at the same time. You'll never feel better,

dharel
@gtwy.uscourts.gov

dharel to sleepdeprivedmom

Anon

to sleepdeprivedmom
Notice how the OPs email address has changed now that she is supposedly in a mental hospital. I say this is BS.

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

It changed prior to that as well...

Phil
Rojo Sol
Premium Member
Downers Grove, IL

Phil to dharel

Premium Member

to dharel
said by dharel :

Notice how the OPs email address has changed now that she is supposedly in a mental hospital. I say this is BS.
It's not an e-mail address, rather a domain name. Look up what a proxy does and you'll get a better understanding. I'm not even sure why this thread hasn't been locked up yet...