Search similar:

uniqs

bufbandit
join:2002-03-25
Buffalo, NY

1 edit

bufbandit

How about NY taxes

This is just flat out ridiculous. We get a bunch of people bitching about something a private company is doing. The public has won. Well big f'ing deal. Why cant all these same people that complained about TWC start complaining about our wonderful Governor of New York state. Why don't we complain about the new NYS budget? All the fees and taxes. Id rather pay TWC a tad more for what i use on the internet than pay all these obnoxious fees our lovely governor wants to add. Come on people lets get our priorities straight here. So how many of you can I count on to get something started to get rid of our taxes in NYS. I'm sure nobody.
jjeffeory
jjeffeory
join:2002-12-04
Bloomington, IN

jjeffeory

Yea, it's scary how the taxes in New York have historically been. Perhaps you should move to a state with less taxes... Actually, I don't get the tax structure along the whole East Coast. It's way too high. You must have lots and lots of great services there that no other region has...

It's terrible for someone not used to it coming from the Midwest or out West. I'd move to get away from those taxes. It's really bad in NYC as well. For those of us who do not live in NY... This issue is important. TWC has a rather larger footprint across the entire US. If they do something like this and are successful, others are likely to follow. This issue is just as important as taxes to those of us who use the internet as an important part of our daily lives in various ways... To be brutally honest, we need to completely redo our tax structure. We need some change. It's not going to happen in our current two party system.