join:2001-09-01
Layton, UT

RayW to me1212

Premium Member

to me1212

Re: More Populist ISP Bashing from BBR

said by me1212:
said by Bit00:

They don't have capacity issues and they are profitable.

This has nothing to do with consumption of internet services and everything to do with TWC moving to defend their video revenues from ever-rising streaming competitors.

IOW, it's everything to do with greed.
Maybe we need more internet only ISPs, they would not have any video or phone money to protect.
You mean a REAL ISP and not a corporate monster? Those folks are not worth talking about, they do a good job and keep users happy (and most of them do have caps since they have to pay for the bandwidth their customers use) and can not hide profits and losses among the other businesses they have.

I like Xmission and listening to what some of my neighbors say about Comcast and the MSN/QWEST offering, I am not about to change, even if it is a few dollars cheaper to do so.
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO
·Google Fiber

me1212

When you say REAL ISP is that a good thing? Ether way I have a "real" ISP(I love them their tech support is GREAT and the owner himself will come to your house, even after hours if you have a problem and the tech guys are @ another house), if they have a cap I have never hit it, even with hq youtube a great amount if time each day, lots(actually about the same, some times juts do not want to go up stairs and use the PC but when I do I get HQ so.....) of nq youtube on the wii, VOIPo, and online gaming.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to RayW

to RayW
DSLExtreme is a real ISP...no caps Too bad you can't get them where I live