spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Alexoi
join:2007-03-23
El Segundo, CA

Alexoi

Looking for 3.1 DK PvP build. Please help

I have been using the shadowforst build before the patch. Now with 3.1, the icy touch no longer do the same damage like before. Anybody has a good PvP build for 3.1?

Thanks,
Dodge
Premium Member
join:2002-11-27

Dodge

Premium Member

I think the jury is still out on that one. I've seen threads at EJ and like sites where people are debating over specs, but all of it is purely theoretical at this point, and not a single spec is emerging as a cookie cutter.

BIGDOG_3
join:2002-09-27
Belleville, WI

BIGDOG_3 to Alexoi

to Alexoi
Early projections have deep frost being best. Unholy seems to be viable as usual though too. I think it may come down to play style and preference.

Alexoi
El Segundo, CA

Alexoi

I did some search and found out the 17/51/3 is the most popular build. I thought frost build is nerfed on 3.1 especially the DW and also affacts 2H. I just don't see the point why this build is so popular right now. The 2nd one is 51/2/18.

deathnewb
@verizon.net

deathnewb to Alexoi

Anon

to Alexoi
Becouse on patch 3.1 all the ather specs are nerfed bad best spec i can thing of is »www.wowarmory.com/talent ··· h+Knight i tried it many times its best spec for now

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Hey Deathnewb, try linking the actual build instead of a blank DK calc. :P

Luthor
@ge.com

Luthor to Alexoi

Anon

to Alexoi
Hi all. I am also in deep thought about what spec etc to use for dk pvp. Pre-3.1 i was using unholy/blood....for disease, gargoyle and rune tap, very simliar to alot of ppl i assume. I

I am now playing with the frost spec.....yest i went frost up to frost strike, then blood up to rune tap and unholy to increase disease length. I now realise that is retarded and will remove most points from unholy and use them to progress through rest of frost tree and get howling blast.

Obv i have tried to get most of the pvp talents such as hungering cold, chilblanes etc. Im gonna respec slightly again later so no point looking at my armory now, but for later it is luthor on wildhammer. Yes my gear is a bit shite but i havent been 80 long...plus did a full naxx10 run in one night apart from kt and saph and only got one drop...some ok boots!!! they were the only plate dps drop!

Its more the filler points that im interested in..ege i took the increased rune power (130rp), now im thinking i dont rly need that for pvp cos you prob wont get full 130rp most of the time and they could be spent in improved frost presence. Also do you fight in blod presence or unholy???

Im trying to get the glyph of hungering cold but havent found anyone who is selling it yet...v annoying.

All advice, tips and comments v welcome

Alexoi
El Segundo, CA

1 edit

Alexoi

I modified the 17/51/3 to pick up some PvP talents and it is now 12/56/3. I tried it in BG and WG. It worked great. With the new glyph of hungering cold, I can cast it every minute without comsuming any runic power and be able to hit 4 frost strike in a roll and 1 will be critial hit with Deathchill. But I still missed the shadowfrost build.

Luthor
@ge.com

Luthor to Alexoi

Anon

to Alexoi
here is the build i just put together that i think i wil go with. I know everyone wants to put 3 points in unholy for the spell hit/disease cleansing but where the hell do you drop the points from. Yes i can drop one out of blood but where else!!!!!!!

»www.wow-tools.org/talent ··· 00000000

Deathe123
@home.otenet.gr

Deathe123 to Alexoi

Anon

to Alexoi
Well, since 3.1 nerfed alot of abilities, it would be best to stick with the perma ghoul which has been powered up in this patch, and while youre at it we should get scourge strike as well as it is the most powerful strike in the game right now. So what im suggesting should look something like this »www.wowhead.com/?talent# ··· x:aqGVz0.
NICK796
join:2008-11-08
Cincinnati, OH

NICK796 to Alexoi

to Alexoi
Of course palystyle goes into it a bunch and more so when ur in pvp but why arnt there any big unholy build for this?

origanly blood was for dps - frost was for tank - unholy was for pvp

now any good dk knows that we can do anything by anymeans possable, all can dps and all can pvp and all can tank if done "correctly" but i guess i dont see why were not spec'ing more in to unholy for pvp purposes

i have been unholy almost the entire time and am a raider but like pvp as well " proply will take my hunter to full on pvp and keep my dk for raids" but from what pvp iv done with my dk iv pwnd and cast type, they cant hurt me or stop me, and thats with tank gear and unholy tank spec, remember the days of needing a mage tank? well we are the new mage tanks, yea not all pvpers are caster but we will owne those types all day long, and as far as ranged dps or melee dps we have options but were not spec'd to deal with them, blood is freaking crazy with the dps out put and the heals are nice, before the patch my regular DS was giving me nice heal backs but since them i dont think ive seen one much over 500hp, so im interested to see how blood came out on the heal's also, getting life back is golden in pvp but its not everthing, i would like to see a unholy/blood mix, in my opinion

Alexoi
El Segundo, CA

1 edit

Alexoi

I am still trying to figure it out how to get the disease up on the 2nd rotation for the 3xOB. The disease fall off at the 2nd OB. I try the unholy presence but just barely make it.

Here is my build

»www.wowhead.com/?talent# ··· c:aNkVzm

Luthor
@ge.com

Luthor to Alexoi

Anon

to Alexoi
Anyone done anymore experimenting with dk pvp builds? I have stuck to an 18/53/0 build and i must say i rly like it. I much prefer the playsttyle to the unholy dkthat i was using pre patch. Basically snare and lock down the opponent while applying your diseases and building up a bit of runic power then BAM unload with a few frost shocks and watch them hit the deck. death Strike has been fixed now so that i get a 2.3k heal which is nice.

Have ben playin plenty of arena with my friend a retridin. played about 90 games with a 48-42 win/loss ratio. not amazing but were on 1277 rating at the moment. Its our first season together, last season i had a shaman (healer) which i used with the same retridin, we did ok but tbh i got fed up of being ganked so decided to roll a dk!! My gear aint that great (luthor wildhammer) and i know that our win ratio will improve with gear cos its all about ganking one of other team out quickly with our team.

So i will be stickingt with this build for the foreseeable future
Expand your moderator at work

deathnewb
@verizon.net

deathnewb to Alexoi

Anon

to Alexoi

Re: Looking for 3.1 DK PvP build. Please help

sorry about that guys i think this is the best pvp spec »www.wowarmory.com/talent ··· 00000000

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Can any of you link these PVP builds with the talent calculator on »wowdata.getbuffed.com/ta ··· 109767_6 ? Everything else is blocked at work.

I am thinking of getting more seriously into pvp and am wondering how you balance survivability (tanking talents) with burst damage (dps talents).

IS it better to go Blood for the self heals, Frostt for the burst, or Unholy for the survivability and permapet micro-management (/cast gnaw FTW!). What is people's preference?
Krisnatharok

1 edit

Krisnatharok to Alexoi

Premium Member

to Alexoi
K.... since I'm just discovering PvP (BGs), I want feedback on this build and glyph choice:

»wowdata.getbuffed.com/ta ··· 7;58640;

An opening line would look like:

Icy Touch, Plague Strike, (Deathchill) Obliterate, Blood Strike, Blood Strike, Frost Strike, (Hungering Cold)

Then, if they pvp trinket out I pop blood tap + chains of ice,. If they're still are alive, I can empower rune weapon and finish off with whatever I want (oblit or frost strike).

For approaching a group situation, I would pop Deathchill, Howling Blast, then Hungering Cold to force them to trinket out or take damage if they stay frozen.

Bennies:
- Frost Fever is going to limit their movement speed (Chillblains) and attack speed (Icy Talons)
- Mind freeze is free (free interrupts!)
- Hungering Cold is free
- Chains of Ice causes damage and Frost Fever
- Imp Frost Presence gives a stam bonus in Unholy or Blood Presence
- IBF lasts for 18 seconds
- Can heal self thru Lichborne + Glyph of Death's Embrace

So.... what do you y'all think? What are the gaps and vulnerabilities to watch out for?

edit: Also, as far as PVP is concerned, how viable is dualwield, since stacking hit isn't a concern as all you'll be attacking is level 80 players?

Shotglas
@ga.us

Shotglas to Alexoi

Anon

to Alexoi
well, i think the best pvp spec is blood/unholy. Go down all the way in blood to get dancing rune weapon and finish the unholy tree and blood caked strike. This build is best in 3v3 with a fearal druid or rogue. The healer dies instantly and only then it is 2 on 3. The best in my opinion for 2v2 is unholy all the way down the gargoyal then finish it off in blood to the bonus crit. ability. This is my reg. pve spec but i rape in 2v2 with a priest. My gear is also pretty good with over 600 res. and 3.4 ap with 32. crit. so idk up to u guys.

shotglas
@ga.us

shotglas to Krisnatharok

Anon

to Krisnatharok
Well from what i see u don't have the same bursting as a unholy or blood dk would. Yes the CC's are great but if u are faced with pro 2v2 teams they know and can tell if u are blood, unholy, or frost and will never get near eachother for the full effectiveness of hungering cold, atleast that is what i do and my 2v2 partner.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I'm not quite to the point in pvp where I'm running arena matches. Just BGs and WG for now. How well would it work there?

And can anyone comment to the usefulness of dualwield in pvp? How much hit would a DW DK need to be hit-capped against another level 80?

pwrtoppl
C-C-C-Combo Breaker
join:2008-11-21
Broomfield, CO

pwrtoppl to Alexoi

to Alexoi
besides my holy pally in arena, i finally took my dk, got dual spec for him, and headed into the arena

it wasnt too bad to start, but i ended up switching specs after the first 4 rounds
going full into one tree isnt the best idea imo, cause there are useful things to in both frost and unholy

so, i went into frost to get hungering cold, and went the rest into unholy to get bone shield, i use blood presence to hit harder with some life gain back

my rotation starts
chains of ice, plague strike, blood strike, blood strike, death strike, and unholy blight first rotation and death coil until it wears off

with my spec though, i also have access to: anti-magic zone, a pet ghoul with the frenzy to open, hungering cold for a decent opener, where i stick shammy wolves, hunter and lock pets, and players except the ones we are attacking (cc'ing players with a mix of hundering cold, polymorph, silences and hammers makes for a pretty easy match), i also have the classic silences, movement impairing effects and several other player stat altering effects as a dk...but who doesnt

anyway though, i do like my holy pally for pvp, but sometime going with a ret pally, frost mage, and frost/unholy dk makes for some great killer matches

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Could you post the build you decided on for checking when I get home? WTB pvp build. :P

pwrtoppl
C-C-C-Combo Breaker
Broomfield, CO

1 edit

pwrtoppl

look up vanthiesh on madoran

since they blocked get buffed i cant pull up a spec to give you

edit: he might be in pve (which for me is blood), if its not blood, then its my pvp spec

the spec isnt really a standard one, i kind of picked ones i found useful for arena/bgs, since its not topping a dps meter

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Also try unholy presence. I picked imp. unholy presence because I always pvp in unholy--nothing beats spamming out a full rotation, popping empower rune weapon, and then spamming 3x scourge strikes. Anything not dead will be finished off by your ghoul.

And it happens so fast that one silence on a healer is enough to prevent them from saving their buddy.

pwrtoppl
C-C-C-Combo Breaker
Broomfield, CO

1 edit

pwrtoppl

said by Krisnatharok:

Also try unholy presence. I picked imp. unholy presence because I always pvp in unholy--nothing beats spamming out a full rotation, popping empower rune weapon, and then spamming 3x scourge strikes. Anything not dead will be finished off by your ghoul.

And it happens so fast that one silence on a healer is enough to prevent them from saving their buddy.
true, unholy presence with points dumped into it are great...but how can you beat 15% more damage and health back per swing if youre going into death strike as a finale?
with that glyph adding per runic power, you start looking at a nice base swing in blood presence gaining life back and doing 15% more

unholys great, that i agree with, doing a full rotation in seconds is awesome...watching your runes come off cooldown when you could be doing a silence over that last swing in a blood pres rotation is better suited for those who like to do less damage but run like crazy around people

ghouls are cool, i like em, they got leaps, stuns and funny sounds when they attack and die, but they dont really need to be micro managed in arena, sick em on a healer, activate frenzy, pop hungering cold on dps, nuke the healer, and kite the lone warrior as a joke until he gives up and dies

edit: ss is great by all means...but if it takes you three swings in a second line rotation to kill someone, try doing a slower rotation and a different base hit and see where it lands you...ive seen other dks run when they get low cause they have no life gain or stick it out til their untimely death...i choose the other route and lay waste into my attacker with life gain all the way, making surviveability that much more
i still die sure, and outside swings i too lack self heals

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Hmmmm.... now I'm torn. Frost for the l33tness of the CC/interrupts, Unholy for the permapet, or Blood for uber self-healing.

BTW what do you think of dualwield in pvp?

pwrtoppl
C-C-C-Combo Breaker
Broomfield, CO

1 edit

pwrtoppl

said by Krisnatharok:

Hmmmm.... now I'm torn. Frost for the l33tness of the CC/interrupts, Unholy for the permapet, or Blood for uber self-healing.

BTW what do you think of dualwield in pvp?
im doing frost deep enough to get chillabins and hungering cold and the rest into unholy to bone shield, but the trick is to be in blood presence for extra damage and life gain

as for dual wields...im not 100% sure on that...if you want to try that route, go unholy pres for extra speed...but then again, i havent dual wielded since 3.0.3 so i wouldnt know much there
smoky_129
LBAD
Premium Member
join:2002-09-04

smoky_129 to Alexoi

Premium Member

to Alexoi
im using 12/0/59 atm and i do decent in pvp im still in quest blue's and greens atm just hit 80 like 3 days ago but i have played with other builds and prefer this one as it seems to fit my play style the best deathknightbuild.com seem to have qute a few builds on there also if you want to check it out

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Alexoi

Premium Member

to Alexoi
I'm actually debating blood specs. In one (54 Blood for full rune tap), I dump the remaining points into Frost to get Icy Talons, and in the other, I go 17 into Unholy for the standard strength, Necrosis, and Bloodcaked-Blade talents.

Any comments on which is better? I can't decide.

pwrtoppl
C-C-C-Combo Breaker
Broomfield, CO

pwrtoppl

so the other night i decided to go all rowdy and go onto the armory and check some battlegroups...i guess all the dks are using unholy/frost (0/17/54) and doin it in pve/pvp gear. in fact some alliance dudes were doin it in pure pve gear and have some scary ratings... damn, now only if i could be that crazy