Search similar:

uniqs

drkmatr42
@il.us

drkmatr42 to Alexoi

Anon

to Alexoi

Re: Looking for 3.1 DK PvP build. Please help

look up swindel on maelstrom, unholy is the best build for arena, with frost close behind. with the patch now dots tick for 1k each. i used to play frost but when i went unholy i was very surprised at how well it worked. although arena rating isnt that high, given the fact we start at 0 now.... lol so give it some time ^_^
drkmatr42

drkmatr42 to Alexoi

Anon

to Alexoi
and btw, dual wield is worthless, if you are runes are- cinder and razor, for frost its cinder, for unholy its fallen. (those are for 2 handers) blood is useless, no cc and it jsut makes teams take longer to kill you, making frost and unholy only plausible specs for pvp/arena.
dynodb
Premium Member
join:2004-04-21
Minneapolis, MN

dynodb to Alexoi

Premium Member

to Alexoi
NERF HOLY PALLYS AND DK

/WoW Forums

Tizz
@pacbell.net

Tizz to Alexoi

Anon

to Alexoi
lol@the people that think pvping in blood presence is even comparable to unholy presence. Just lol.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by Tizz :

lol@the people that think pvping in blood presence is even comparable to unholy presence. Just lol.
Well damn, now I'm curious. I've been pvp blood but now I'm going to have to try out my planned frost build.

Painstake
@teksavvy.com

Painstake to Alexoi

Anon

to Alexoi
this is what I have seen as the post patch cookie cutter pvp dk build

»www.wowhead.com/?talent# ··· c:aNTV0M
saosin85
join:2009-07-07
Harlingen, TX

1 edit

saosin85 to Alexoi

to Alexoi
Well, i just read this post and i beg to differ with a lot of these builds. Here is a build that i came up with »www.wowarmory.com/talent ··· 00000000. Many people forget that youre going to be using frost presence about 85-95% of the time when in bgs and arenas. so you need that 4% less damage to you. and howling blast doesnt really do much in arenas. It would be best to get more defensive talents than damage talents as to stay up a lot longer. With a good disci or holy priest this is deadly. I currently run a dk with a holy priest in bgs and can take up to 5 or 6 others and not go down so easily and take down 1 at least. Hope this helps you guys.
Quickdamage
join:2009-06-27
Maynard, MA

Quickdamage

If your in frost presence 85-90% of the time your doing something wrong. That is what resilience gear is for. If you have a warlock spamming chaos bolt even in frost presence it's gonna hit ya for 5-8k. Always, Always in unholy presence when arena or bg.
saosin85
Harlingen, TX

saosin85

I've had warlocks on me and i drop them with ease, because of the fact that i have that extra hp from the blood and frost talents. they can spam all they want it wont help.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude to Quickdamage

Premium Member

to Quickdamage
said by Quickdamage:

If you have a warlock spamming chaos bolt even in frost presence it's gonna hit ya for 5-8k.
Chaos Bolt has an 11 second cooldown. It's not spammable.

I agree on the unholy presence, though. A DK's job is to beat the hell out of people. Rapid attacks fit the bill nicely.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Alexoi

Premium Member

to Alexoi
Yeah, anyone that thinks you should PVP in Frost or Blood presence need to PVP a tad bit more and learn a few things.

I'm currently using a 0/10/61 build, and Im completely not Glyph'd or fully spec'd into PVP talents, and this build in Unholy Presence rapes.

Unholy Presence all the way for PVP. The speed of auto attacks and GCD of all your abilites make for real quick deaths.

Like was said earlier...dropping in on someone and busting a full rotation in the matter of seconds, popping Empowered Rune Weapon, and spamming Scourge Strike....most classes can't live through that, if they do, my Ghoul is there gnawing at the balance of their health.

Words cannot describe how important a full time Ghoul is for DK PVP. That pet is priceless. I've had Rogues pop on me and stunlock, instantly my Ghoul will stun them, at this point most Rogues know they can't win and will either stick it out and get killed or completely vanish.

Lately my thing has been World PVP. Nothing like completely wrecking people right in the middle of their dailys.

I used to fly around mining in my 51/0/20 spec in Frost Presence, and I'd get ganked nearly all the time, or they were very very close battles. Now? most times, it's not even a close call.
saosin85
Harlingen, TX

saosin85

IDK, to me unholy is meh, ok. Frost pvp is win due to the fact of survivability with blood. But, in retrospect, they are all good and viable specs for pvp depending on how u use them. kudos to you and imma try that unholy presence now it never caught my eye. but imma go try it.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Alexoi

Premium Member

to Alexoi
So what are some good PVP glyphs. I'm going to get rid of my Unholy Blight Glyph because that's basically worthless for PVP.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I disagree. I am rocking Dark Death (+15% DC damage), Unholy Blight (30 seconds duration), and Disease (Pestilence resets duration).

My minor glyphs are Pestilence, Blood Tap, and Horn of Winter.

Your armor and HP benefit (which is getting nerfed even further in 3.2) in frost is marginal to the rape/nuke/burst capability of Unholy. Ghastly hit it on the head--take Improved Unholy Presence and pvp in Unholy Presence.

With IBF and Bone Shield you have an on-demand -50% mitigation ability, coupled with AMS makes you indestructible to casters. If you get AMZ, even more mitigation.