uniqs
share rss forum feed

jimbo2150

join:2004-05-10
Euclid, OH
reply to myokitis

Re: ISP/Video Competition

said by myokitis:

I understand where you're coming from. But that doesn't change the fact that both groups of companies are indeed intensely competing against each other for survival. It's just that your area probably isn't one of their primary battlegrounds.
I understand that, but you were also making it sound like the select few areas that they are competing equates to the entire (or at least a majority) of the market, which it does not. I just don't see the "ravenous" competition that they so often claim. For example: Just because they are competing in, lets say five, select markets... is it really necessary to claim stiff competition when the majority are not in areas with much or any competition? See my point?
--

- "Techie" Jim

myokitis

join:2004-06-19
Alexandria, VA

said by jimbo2150:

... is it really necessary to claim stiff competition when the majority are not in areas with much or any competition? See my point?
I think I do, but it sounds like you're speaking in terms of %of geography, while the companies need to look at things in terms of %of customers (where their revenue comes from).

The current acquisition offers d'jour from select MSOs & Telcos are around $200 in value (cashback,credits, etc; I know of at last one major telco and one major MSO w/ offers like this), and the companies wouldn't be spending that $$$ to win customers from each other if they didn't think they needed to, if their management and shareowners weren't applying the pressure on their organizations to do so.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. This is a situation where "position determines perspective".