uniqs
share rss forum feed

GyroCaptain

join:2008-08-01
reply to Lazlow

Re: ISP/Video Competition

said by Lazlow:

Combat Chuck

You really do not understand how business works do you? In a consumer based market, if you do not keep up with what the consumer wants, you are going to loose customers. Loosing customers (in significant numbers) means that you are loosing money. The only reason companies reinvest in their infrastructure is so they can continue to be competitive. Fios did not come into play becuase it was a "cool" idea. It came about becuase it was obvious that ever increasing amounts of bandwidth were the direction things were/are headed. Cablevision understood this too (which is why they have 30Mbps D2 available today). Comcast even understands this, as evidenced by their rapid (relatively) switch to D3(despite their official caps, there has been no significant amount of action done to those that have exceeded the caps). Even Charter (broke as they are) recognizes that they have to offer more bandwidth (slower switchover to D3).
Loosing eh?

Classic.

Lazlow

join:2006-08-07
Saint Louis, MO
My apologies for my typo. I should always have caffeine before I type. Despite my typo, I think everybody understood my point.