how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dmhowell

join:2005-09-29
Hulls Cove, ME

How do I get FP to stop calling?

Ever since Fairpoint acquired Verizon's assets in my area I've been receiving calls in the middle of the night. Every Friday (1AM), Saturday (12:51PM) and Sunday the phone rings abnormally long (only 1 ring). There's no one on the line if I pick up. I've called customer service twice and both times I was told that the company was performing line testing and that it's not supposed to ring my phone. Both times I was assured that the calls would cease. They haven't. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get them to cease the calls?

If I can't get them to fix this soon my options as I see them:
1. Change carriers.
2. Ditch my landline and go with Skype.

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9
If you can't get satisfaction directly from Fair Point contact your state Public Utility Commission.

»www.maine.gov/mpuc/

/tom

dmhowell

join:2005-09-29
Hulls Cove, ME
Thank you, Tom. One other question, is anyone else having this problem?

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9
Haven't had any problems in Southern NH.

/tom

mouseferatu
Too many cats, Too many mice
Premium,MVM
join:2004-03-16
Im not sure
kudos:3
reply to dmhowell
said by dmhowell:

Thank you, Tom. One other question, is anyone else having this problem?
Yup. For a period of several weeks, long since resolved by a call to repair, not customer service. Once the right repair division got hold of it (took two tries) we haven't had any recurrence of the problem.

FWIW, essentially all of my neighbors had that "one ring" issue also, and when they fixed it here, they fixed the whole area. It appears that when FP actually fixes something, it stays fixed...

~Arel.
--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crispy and good with catsup."