spc
Search similar:

uniqs
adadude
join:2009-04-23
Alexandria, VA

adadude

[AZ] Outbound emails from cox.net not being delivered

I'm sending messages from my cox.net email account in the phoenix, Az area to diabetes.org domain, but they are coming back from postmaster.cox.net as undeliverable w/ the message:

Most likely there is a network problem that prevented delivery, but it is also possible the computer is turned off, or is not responding.

I sent the message from a gmail account to the same address and it went through fine. I checked a few friends with cox accounts and they have the same problem. What next?

MineCoast
Premium Member
join:2004-10-06
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast

Premium Member

I don't have any suggestions, but a comment. I've had nothing but issues with Cox's mail servers which is why I do not use them, or at least try not to anyway. I am always having one issue or another with them.

E-Mail is best to be handled by the professionals, such as G-Mail, Yahoo, Etc.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41 to adadude

Premium Member

to adadude
I would check with diabetes.org why the cox.net mail is not getting throgh.
ajwees41

ajwees41 to MineCoast

Premium Member

to MineCoast
said by MineCoast:

I don't have any suggestions, but a comment. I've had nothing but issues with Cox's mail servers which is why I do not use them, or at least try not to anyway. I am always having one issue or another with them.

I have never had probroblems with cox email, but have ha problems with yahoo and hotmail.

MineCoast
Premium Member
Pensacola, FL

1 edit

MineCoast

Premium Member

said by ajwees41:

said by MineCoast:

I have never had probroblems with cox email, but have ha problems with yahoo and hotmail.
Try using your e-mail every night at 2 AM. It'll only work about 50% of the time because the mail servers go down for maintenance. Also, I have my account setup on about 4 different devices and often get "IN-USE" errors. This does not happen with any of my other POP3 accounts. I also tried to setup my Cox e-mail account in one of my e-mail clients and the client would only download 35 of the e-mails, not the entire 800+, but yet I setup another POP3 e-mail account on the same client with 12,000 e-mails and it downloaded each and every single one of them.

I should also note that I have had problems with Yahoo as well, however, I don't use the regular Yahoo. I use Yahoo Plus, which is a paid version of Yahoo, it's stored on different servers, etc. I also have POP3 access and sync programs to sync everything across all devices. I never once had a issue after switching to Yahoo Plus from the regular Yahoo.
adadude
Alexandria, VA

adadude to ajwees41

to ajwees41
Checked with diabetes.org postmaster... my Cox emails never reach them.. AND
-- smtp.diabetes.org is not blacklisted
-- their mail server (they use Postfix) has no record of me (or my friend's) emails being rejected.
-- they do see other cox.net emails, but possible from Cox's other smtp server (east)..clearly we're in the wicked west...

CoxTech1
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA

CoxTech1

Do you have the actual full text of the bounce message you get back?
adadude
Alexandria, VA

adadude

"Most likely there is a network problem that prevented delivery, but
it is also possible that the computer is turned off, or does not
have a mail system running right now.

Your message was not delivered within 4 days and 0 hours.
Host diabetes.org is not responding.

The following recipients did not receive this message: xxxx.diabetes.org*

I'm masking the id

CoxTech1
Chesapeake, VA

CoxTech1

Do you have the test of the text by any chance? You can PM it to me if there's privacy concerns.
adadude
Alexandria, VA

adadude

HERE'S THE RETUREN MESSAGE, FOLLOWED BY THE HEADER

To: kbisko@cox.net
> From: Mail Administrator
> Subject: Mail System Error - Returned Mail
> Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 02:41:07 -0400
>
> not reachable within the allowed queue period. The amount of time
> a message is queued before it is returned depends on local configura-
> tion parameters.
>
> Most likely there is a network problem that prevented delivery, but
> it is also possible that the computer is turned off, or does not
> have a mail system running right now.
>
> Your message was not delivered within 4 days and 0 hours.
> Host diabetes.org is not responding.
>
> The following recipients did not receive this message:
>
>
>
> Please reply to
> if you feel this message to be in error.

MAIL HEADER

Reporting-MTA: dns; fed1rmpop107.cox.net
Arrival-Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 01:46:48 -0400
Received-From-MTA: dns; fed1rmimpo02.cox.net (70.169.32.72)

Final-Recipient: RFC822;
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; diabetes.org

CoxTech1
Chesapeake, VA

CoxTech1

Was there an attachment that came back with that bounce message?
adadude
Alexandria, VA

adadude

Just the original message. I got anthoer one for someone else. Here's the full message & attachement:

Date: April 21, 2009 9:10:42 PM GMT-07:00

To: ereich@visionquest2020.org
Subject: Mail System Error - Returned Mail
Reply-To:

not reachable within the allowed queue period. The amount of time a message is queued before it is returned depends on local configuration parameters.

Most likely there is a network problem that prevented delivery, but it is also possible that the computer is turned off, or does not have a mail system running right now.

Your message was not delivered within 4 days and 0 hours.
Host diabetes.org is not responding.

The following recipients did not receive this message:

Please reply to

Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; diabetes.org

> > From: Elizabeth Reich

> > Date: April 17, 2009 4:47:07 PM GMT-07:00
> > To: Karen Bisko
> > Subject: Thanks
> >
> >
> > Hi Karen,
> >
> > It was great to be with you. Thank you so much for arranging today's get away.
> >
> > E.
ajwees41
Premium Member
Omaha, NE

ajwees41 to MineCoast

Premium Member

to MineCoast
said by MineCoast:

said by ajwees41:

said by MineCoast:

Try using your e-mail every night at 2 AM. It'll only work about 50% of the time because the mail servers go down for maintenance. Also, I have my account setup on about 4 different devices and often get "IN-USE" errors. This does not happen with any of my other POP3 accounts. I also tried to setup my Cox e-mail account in one of my e-mail clients and the client would only download 35 of the e-mails, not the entire 800+, but yet I setup another POP3 e-mail account on the same client with 12,000 e-mails and it downloaded each and every single one of them.

I should also note that I have had problems with Yahoo as well, however, I don't use the regular Yahoo. I use Yahoo Plus, which is a paid version of Yahoo, it's stored on different servers, etc. I also have POP3 access and sync programs to sync everything across all devices. I never once had a issue after switching to Yahoo Plus from the regular Yahoo.
What cox server do you use? I never have probles late at night.

MineCoast
Premium Member
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast

Premium Member

said by ajwees41:

pop.east.cox.net
smtp.east.cox.net
ajwees41
Premium Member
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

said by MineCoast:

said by ajwees41:

pop.east.cox.net
smtp.east.cox.net
what cox system are you served out of? try the west servers I have no trouble with the east.
ajwees41

ajwees41 to adadude

Premium Member

to adadude
said by adadude:

Checked with diabetes.org postmaster... my Cox emails never reach them.. AND
-- smtp.diabetes.org is not blacklisted
-- their mail server (they use Postfix) has no record of me (or my friend's) emails being rejected.
-- they do see other cox.net emails, but possible from Cox's other smtp server (east)..clearly we're in the wicked west...
try going through the east server.

CoxTech1
Chesapeake, VA

1 recommendation

CoxTech1 to adadude

to adadude
Our mail team advised me that they are looking into this. It appears that the particular webmail server you are reaching is unable to communicate to their smtp on port 25 for some reason. You can try webmail.west.cox.net as a workaround in the meanwhile.
Guzzler
join:2002-09-24
Tempe, AZ

Guzzler to adadude

to adadude
Within the last week or so, I too have been getting bounced mail every-now-and-then.

No, I haven't kept the error messages, but they were similar to the above messages.

My favorite was a bounced message to another Cox user address We are both on pop/smtp.west.cox.net. Neither of us were using webmail (me - Thunderbird, other - full Outlook) one message had no attachment, the other did.

Just my 2 cents worth.