MineCoast
Premium Member
join:2004-10-06
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast to adadude

Premium Member

to adadude

Re: [AZ] Outbound emails from cox.net not being delivered

I don't have any suggestions, but a comment. I've had nothing but issues with Cox's mail servers which is why I do not use them, or at least try not to anyway. I am always having one issue or another with them.

E-Mail is best to be handled by the professionals, such as G-Mail, Yahoo, Etc.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

said by MineCoast:

I don't have any suggestions, but a comment. I've had nothing but issues with Cox's mail servers which is why I do not use them, or at least try not to anyway. I am always having one issue or another with them.

I have never had probroblems with cox email, but have ha problems with yahoo and hotmail.

MineCoast
Premium Member
Pensacola, FL

1 edit

MineCoast

Premium Member

said by ajwees41:

said by MineCoast:

I have never had probroblems with cox email, but have ha problems with yahoo and hotmail.
Try using your e-mail every night at 2 AM. It'll only work about 50% of the time because the mail servers go down for maintenance. Also, I have my account setup on about 4 different devices and often get "IN-USE" errors. This does not happen with any of my other POP3 accounts. I also tried to setup my Cox e-mail account in one of my e-mail clients and the client would only download 35 of the e-mails, not the entire 800+, but yet I setup another POP3 e-mail account on the same client with 12,000 e-mails and it downloaded each and every single one of them.

I should also note that I have had problems with Yahoo as well, however, I don't use the regular Yahoo. I use Yahoo Plus, which is a paid version of Yahoo, it's stored on different servers, etc. I also have POP3 access and sync programs to sync everything across all devices. I never once had a issue after switching to Yahoo Plus from the regular Yahoo.
ajwees41
Premium Member
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

said by MineCoast:

said by ajwees41:

said by MineCoast:

Try using your e-mail every night at 2 AM. It'll only work about 50% of the time because the mail servers go down for maintenance. Also, I have my account setup on about 4 different devices and often get "IN-USE" errors. This does not happen with any of my other POP3 accounts. I also tried to setup my Cox e-mail account in one of my e-mail clients and the client would only download 35 of the e-mails, not the entire 800+, but yet I setup another POP3 e-mail account on the same client with 12,000 e-mails and it downloaded each and every single one of them.

I should also note that I have had problems with Yahoo as well, however, I don't use the regular Yahoo. I use Yahoo Plus, which is a paid version of Yahoo, it's stored on different servers, etc. I also have POP3 access and sync programs to sync everything across all devices. I never once had a issue after switching to Yahoo Plus from the regular Yahoo.
What cox server do you use? I never have probles late at night.

MineCoast
Premium Member
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast

Premium Member

said by ajwees41:

pop.east.cox.net
smtp.east.cox.net
ajwees41
Premium Member
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

said by MineCoast:

said by ajwees41:

pop.east.cox.net
smtp.east.cox.net
what cox system are you served out of? try the west servers I have no trouble with the east.