spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dowhatnow

@comcast.net

FSD-HD Blacked out?

I'm trying to watch FSD in HD and my box is acting like it's blacked out. I can watch FSD fine, but I'd like to watch it in HD.

I think the wings game was supposed to be on VS but it's not.

What can I do?

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
FSNHD only shows certain programming in hd. you need to check the on screen guide. Right now Cox in Omaha only gets 99 KCRoyals baseball games on FSNHD the rest of the time the channel is blank

LeftyJR

join:2008-02-19
Avis, PA

2 edits
reply to dowhatnow
FSN Pittsburgh has been having issues all night.

sansri88
digital is here
Premium
join:2005-12-17
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to dowhatnow
Lightning strike at FSN transmission facility in Atlanta, affecting all cable co's/DBS companies.

comcastcaresRT @ComcastBonnie Lightning strike hit FSN transmission site in Atlanta. no ETA, affecting all providers
2 minutes ago from web
--
Sriram Satish
Comcast of NJ II: 39 HD channels.

big fan

@spcsdns.net
reply to dowhatnow
I am trying to watch the Wings on basic cable in Detroit?
Is is unavailable????????????????

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to dowhatnow
did versus at least show the games in question if fsn was off the air?

Mgsports

join:2004-11-11
Olathe, KS
reply to dowhatnow
FSN needs to show Final Score,Best Dam Sports Show,Pac 10/ACC Games and so on in HD.
On Wendesday FSNKC didn't show the Royals or Blues Game in HD
Versus don't show every Game in thr Playoffs and ones that aren't shown aren't even being shown on NHL Network. NBATV shows the Game that TNT isn't showing.

dyhrdmet

join:2008-10-25
Springfield, NJ
said by Mgsports:

FSN needs to show Final Score,Best Dam Sports Show,Pac 10/ACC Games and so on in HD.
On Wendesday FSNKC didn't show the Royals or Blues Game in HD
Versus don't show every Game in thr Playoffs and ones that aren't shown aren't even being shown on NHL Network. NBATV shows the Game that TNT isn't showing.
FSN nationally does show Pac 10 football & men's basketball and ACC basketball games in HD. i agree about the other national stuff (though i could care less about watching it). FSKC couldn't (or wouldn't) show the Blues game in HD if they had a Royals game in SD. Are you even sure the Blues game was on FSMW and not KPLR?

Mgsports

Olathe, KS
reply to dowhatnow
FSNKC would have joined it in progress after the Royals game was over but they didn't. No secondary Channel 261 that day.
FSNKC shows the Blues but not the Cardinals because of the Royals here.

FSN needs to expand Final Score to an hour,have Reporters, two people doing it,6pm version and so on to complete with Sportscenter.

LeftyJR

Avis, PA
The idea of Final Score is to present only the scores. It isn't meant to compete with Sportscenter, it is meant as an alternative for people who hate ESPNs nonsensical stories.

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
reply to dyhrdmet
Royals were not on Wednesday

Mgsports

Olathe, KS
reply to dowhatnow
Yes they were on because that was the last Blues of the season or that could have been on Tuesday.
They show highlights on Final Score.
Sportscenter is a good program. I watch it,Baseball Tonight,PTI and so on every day on it.
They could share it with out FSN or on with Comcast Sports Net's.

spocko

join:2008-07-24
USA
reply to dowhatnow
For anyone trying to figure out what's going to be on FSN HD, the listings provided by Comcast are useless (at least in my area). They show identical programming on the SD and HD channels, which is not correct. As was noted earlier, FSN HD only shows programming intermittently, and is off air the rest of the time. These are the only sites I've found which appear to have accurate listings for FSN HD:

»tv.yahoo.com/listings
»www.tvguide.com/listings
»msn.foxsports.com/tv/schedule

LeftyJR

Avis, PA
It depends on your affiliate. For example, the Liberty owned stations are broadcasting on the HD station 24 hours a day - same as the SD station. This is FSN Pittsburgh, FSN Rocky Mountain, and FSN Northwest.

»www.engadgethd.com/2009/03/06/fs···h-to-fu/

dyhrdmet

Springfield, NJ
reply to LeftyJR
said by LeftyJR:

The idea of Final Score is to present only the scores. It isn't meant to compete with Sportscenter, it is meant as an alternative for people who hate ESPNs nonsensical stories.
Lest we forget when FSN very early on had a nightly highlight show to compete with SportsCenter. FOX Sports News. Back when they had only a few affiliates and would check in with the announcers for some teams and replace the post-game shows. Then there was the National Sports Report, which took out the announcers and was more like your 11pm newscast.

The Final Score is too hard to watch because so much of the screen has crap on it instead of highlights and it's not in HD.

LeftyJR

Avis, PA
HD would make the Final Score a better show because the rundown on the side of the screen wouldn't be in the way as much...wonder if there is any chance of this happening?

Wasn't the nightly show hosted by Keith Olbermann?

Also, is FSN basically now run by 3-4 different companies instead of one?

dyhrdmet

Springfield, NJ
said by LeftyJR:

HD would make the Final Score a better show because the rundown on the side of the screen wouldn't be in the way as much...wonder if there is any chance of this happening?
Yes, an HD version would be good, but unless they have separate feeds and however else ESPNEWS does it, they couldn't do justice to an HD version having to support SD. Not sure what all that would cost, but maybe someday.

said by LeftyJR:

Wasn't the nightly show hosted by Keith Olbermann?
At one point, Sir Olbermann was a host along with Chris Myers, also a refugee of ESPN, and others (I think Keith did one hour with someone and Chris the other hour with someone else). Keith had his own Sunday night show as well. I don't think he lasted very long there, and it soon became the National Sports Report and Regional Sports Report. See what Wikipedia has on it.

said by LeftyJR:

Also, is FSN basically now run by 3-4 different companies instead of one?
FSN owns and operates most of the "FSN" branded stations, and they also own or co-own a couple other regional sports networks that serve markets with 2 channels (those use the same graphics as FSN). 3 of the "FSN" affialiates are owned by Liberty Media and have slightly different branding and FSN programming. Other RSNs that are independent or part of Comcast SportsNet show FSN programming via national syndication. Then there's others who have nothing to do with FSN.

Risuli

join:2002-01-26
Grosse Ile, MI
reply to dowhatnow
Are there no FSN HD baseball games? I've checked the FSN site and FSN HD schedule and have found none. There appear to be schedules in HD for basketball and hockey, but I notice that there are absolutely no HD schedules on the site for major league baseball.

With the recent addition of MLB HD, it makes me wonder if only MLB is getting HD broadcasts. I watch my local team broadcast on standard FSN but note that the MLB HD channel shows my local team game summary clips in glorious HD, so obviously HD cameras were recording at the game. What gives? Has MLB kept the sole HD rights to baseball to push their extra cost sports package?

Risuli

Grosse Ile, MI

1 edit
Nevermind... After some extensive searching I found the updated FSN HD schedule for baseball. (FOX really needs to make their site easier to navigate.) However, I still wonder why I have to watch the game in standard definition when its obvious that the game was broadcast using HD cameras since MLB HD has the HD highlights from the exact camera angles.

LeftyJR

Avis, PA
Which affiliate are you watching?

Risuli

Grosse Ile, MI
Lefty,

FSN-Detroit.