4 recommendations

Jodokast96 to Pretorious

Premium Member

to Pretorious

Re: [FYI] Our Pet Memorial Thread

FUJIFILM FinePix S3000
36mm 1/125th +1.5ev F2.8 ISO200

Beauty - Ever vigilant and always on "Guard! Guard! Guard!"

Never imagined I'd be posting one of my own here any time soon. Returned home from a trip to the store to find our Beauty had suddenly passed. Just hours before, she was prancing around the yard without a care in the world.

She came to us just about 2 years ago after a hard life of being used for breeding at a puppy mill. But with us, she found a life of luxury. She may have been smaller than both our males, but there was no doubt about it, she was the boss. Our home was her castle, and she was it's defender. Despite having had her vocal chords snipped at the mill, it was her bark, which she regained a bit of with us, that made one wary. Even while sleeping the day (and night) away, she was always on guard, the first to alert us to any activity outside the house, and jumping right up whenever my wife Michelle would leave the room, just so she could keep an eye on her favorite owner. The comical snorting and grunting she did, combined with her somewhat large mid-section, caused her to be affectionately dubbed Spider-Pig.

As much as our girls love all 3 of their dogs, Beauty was by far their favorite, mostly because she most reminded them of Roxy, who we lost nearly 3 years ago. Not 2 hours before my 6 year old was going on about how much she still missed her, when we had to tell her and her sister what happened. The devastation that followed was what did me in on this evening.

Beauty, you will be so greatly missed. You've left a hole in the heart of this home that will never be filled, and we hope the love you received in your short time with us was enough to make up for what you suffered before coming to us.

RonS
Madm0nke
Premium Member
join:2000-06-19
Dayton, OH

2 edits

2 recommendations

RonS

Premium Member

Beauty was just that, a Beauty. Having three boxers myself your loss hit especially hard for me. Sounds like she might of had Cardiomyopathy. Our boxer forum have has way to many babies pass before their time due to this.

So so sorry for your loss...