uniqs
share rss forum feed

sonarman
Sonarman

join:2000-11-18
Liverpool, NY

3 edits

Road Runner Outage in all of CNY and beyond

Both my brother and myself do not have internet. We lived 10 miles from each other. If you call the 877 number and select the "lost Connection" option, you get the message "your call can not be completed at this time.

Edit: Just got through, the entire division is down. There is a message on the bottom our TV saying it is out

Shoim32

join:2006-04-22
Scarsdale, NY

Re: Time Warner Outage in CNY or beyond

Lost service in Ithaca NY. Changed my DNS server to OpenDNS from Roadrunner, and still having some difficulties. There is definitely a problem.

Portlandanon

@mycingular.net
reply to sonarman

I'm in Portland, ME and there doesn't seem to be Internet this morning. Same message when I call support.

Shoim32

Scarsdale, NY

Tons of people on Twitter posting about Time Warner difficulties across western NY

annoyedroc

@blackberry.net

What is their phone number? Rochester is out of service as well...writing on my blackberry

sonarman
Sonarman

join:2000-11-18
Liverpool, NY

877-313-2337

Shoim32

Scarsdale, NY
reply to annoyedroc

If you change your DNS server on your router to OpenDNS (208.67.222.222) some websites, including DSLReports, will load correctly. Others do not. There is a problem in the Time Warner system. On channel 10, the ticker states that engineers are attempting to correct the problem.

Tim

@myvzw.com
reply to annoyedroc

Buffalo down as well. DHCP failed errors on my motorola. Any idea on how to change DNS?

Writing from my iPhone.

Cheers

annoyedroc

@blackberry.net
reply to Shoim32

Hey, thanks for the speedy replies. I got through on the 800 number to an auto message about the engineers. I'll wait to hear back about how to change the DNS. I teach classes online and have a lot of work to get through!!!

fegul
Premium
join:2004-08-23
united state
kudos:1
reply to Shoim32

said by Shoim32:

Lost service in Ithaca NY. Changed my DNS server to OpenDNS from Roadrunner, and still having some difficulties. There is definitely a problem.
Yup, service issues in Ithaca here too. OpenDNS allows some pages to load.

gig0-1-0.syrcnycsr-rtr10.nyroc.rr.com is the last known hop in my tracerts before it fails at the next one and loops back to gig0-1-0.syrcnycsr-rtr10.nyroc.rr.com
--
Fegul.com

mangus580

@myvzw.com
reply to sonarman

Re: Road Runner Outage in all of CNY and beyond

I cant even get an IP address in the Rochester Area....

neska

@blackberry.net

Me neither ...no ip. I'm in ogden (rochester ny)

absdfghg

@frontiernet.net
reply to sonarman

DSL seems to be working road runner no go in the rochester area. Is this the way time warner is implementing their bandwidth limitations ?

Puddin

@mycingular.net
reply to sonarman

It's really frustrating. I spent all morning trying to repair my connection, then found this thread on my iphone. I wonder what happened to knock out such a huge area.

fegul
Premium
united state
reply to absdfghg

said by absdfghg :

DSL seems to be working road runner no go in the rochester area. Is this the way time warner is implementing their bandwidth limitations ?
They scrapped that idea: »www.engadget.com/2009/04/16/time···ster-ny/

Not that links really make a difference right now lol
--
Fegul.com

Dampier
Phillip M Dampier

join:2003-03-23
Rochester, NY
reply to sonarman

We're tracking the story on stopthecap. A major failure has occurred impacting many cities across the northeast. Digital Phone is also out in many areas. Time Warner has not located the problem yet and there is no ETA for restoration. Network status page on RR.com shows nothing, as usual.

themiker

join:2005-04-11
reply to sonarman

It seems fixed now.

Racerbob
Premium
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY

Back on here in Rochester area.

bfloeagle

join:2001-02-09
Depew, NY
reply to sonarman

Still out in Depew, NY (just outside of Buffalo). Also confirmed outages from relatives in Buffalo and West Seneca.

...posted from LG Voyager.
Andy
--
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; It's twice as big as it needs to be.

fegul
Premium
united state
reply to sonarman

Back up in Ithaca

cdanh

join:2001-01-02
Rochester, NY
reply to sonarman

It seems awfully coincidental that after TWC is told they cannot inact their caps there are major problems in Rochester both with cable and internet connections.

bfloeagle

join:2001-02-09
Depew, NY
reply to sonarman

...just got connection back. Relatives in Buffalo are back as well..

shua

@rochester.edu
reply to cdanh

Yes, I'm sure they are punishing everyone for speaking their minds

older dog
Premium
join:2005-06-09
reply to sonarman

Came back here about 1:00 eastern
Phone and net were both down.

cdanh

Rochester, NY
reply to sonarman

It seems awfully coincidental that there are major problems in service with both internet and cable this week.

Racerbob
Premium
Webster, NY

said by cdanh:

It seems awfully coincidental that there are major problems in service with both internet and cable this week.
Get over it. We all take things for granted and when something fails...oh my...the sky is falling ! Shi$ happens sometimes and servers fail and lines get cut and all sorts of things can happen to cause the internet to fail once in a while. We are very happy here with our RR service. It is UP 99 3/4 % of the time. I refuse to whine when all of a sudden we lose service for a short period.

cdanh

Rochester, NY
reply to sonarman

That is my point. It does work very well and Icannot remeber the last time it was out But it seems curious to me the timing of the problems with their loss on the cap issue.

Racerbob
Premium
Webster, NY

Alright...coincidence ... but this outage affected people from Maine to Buffalo from what I understand.

ElJay

join:2004-03-17
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to sonarman

The outage is back?

9    27 ms    25 ms    26 ms  twcable.jfk05.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.13.186]

10    27 ms    27 ms    27 ms  ae-2-0.cr0.nyc30.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.162]
 11    31 ms    31 ms    31 ms  66.109.6.75
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.

jenstevedenn

join:2004-10-04
Marathon, NY
reply to sonarman

Out once again in STNY land also.Thanks for the neighbors Frontier unsecure wireless.