spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Flea210

@69.171.164.x

Users name and Password wtf?

I've had the cricket modem for a little over 4 months now and at first is was working slow then it picked up speed close to an Ethernet connection, but now it disconnects every few minutes and when I go to reconnect it tells me the users name and/or password it wrong or miss-typed or has expired. Now I tried getting this fix over the phone but nothing they told me to do work and now its working worse which interferes with my school work and my main job. If anyone can help me that would be great cause if this problem doesn’t get fixed soon I'll end up loosing my job and failing school.

Also I know it also depends on which city I live (San Antonio, Tx)

hope this helps you out a little bit... first off, it depends on which modem you have. If you have the A600, you can try to go into your network connections and right click on the cricket connection, choose options and check the box that says "always prompt for user name and password", click "ok". Then double left click on the connection again, you will be prompted for a user name and password, your user name will be your 10 digit number @mycricket.com , your password will be cricket, make sure it is all in lower case. Secondly, make sure that the number it dials is #777, and make sure that remember user name and password is checked, click dial. That should fix your issue. If it does not, and this goes for the UM100c also, a simple uninstall / reinstall should fix this. Remember to uninstall both the Quicklink mobile or Cricket Link program (depends on which modem you have) and also the modem driver itself, both from the add/remove programs in your control panel.

Flea210

join:2009-04-26
San Antonio, TX
reply to Flea210
I do have the UM100c and I did the uninstall and reinstall of everything from the quicklink but that’s what made it worse. I'm running off Vista and I know that can effect’s things but when I put back on one of my other commuters (With XP) its installed on it tells me the same thing and I've also used the connection path on my computers internet finder program which worked for about 5 minutes.

well, the only issue with Vista, is the user account control while installing. If you disable it, you should have no problem. If I were you, I would call up tech support (I work there), and tell them that you're having the user name / password issue, they can refresh your device in the switch, and make sure to have them check your device numbers versus what they have in the system. If you go to your QLM program, and click on help-> about quick link mobile, you're gonna find a whole bunch of info about your device and connection. You want to make sure that the phone number is the same, the MIN, your RSSI should be less than (aka closer to zero) -100 dbm. Also, if you have QLM installed correctly under Vista, you can try another trick that works sometimes. Go to tools -> activation. It's gonna say "this device has already been activated....." just click yes and make sure that is say update "NAM parameters" and "updating PRL", then check your connection. 1 more thing, make sure that no other network connection is enabled! That is probably the number 1 problem we encounter. What happens, is that any network connection other than Cricket Broadband will cause the BB card to go into a "dormant" state, and start to act really funny. Hope this helps, I'll keep checking back....

Flea210

San Antonio, TX
reply to Flea210
Yeah I did all that and I live in the middle of no where there is no other internet connection around for miles. I even did the CMD/ ping www.google.com thing and that didn’t help, the most that happens it that it works for a few minutes then it keeps coming up with error code 691 and its really annoying the hell out of me so I called again to today (Was told the same things) but had a ticket filed. I was told if within 24 hours if I don’t get a call back to call and have the ticket number checked.

reply to Flea210
hmmm.. well, sounds like there is a network issue. If you filed an OTTO ticket, then I would wait for them to call.

Flea210

San Antonio, TX
reply to Flea210
Yeah I gotta call and ask if its be checked out if they dont call by 12:30pm tomorrow (well later to day), what kind of issue(s) could cause the problem? Cause where I normally keep my laptop works fine for 2 bars but it keeps giving me three so I have to keep moving it (I was told 2 bars was the normal amount that was supposed to be the best) and thats the way I'm able to post here. This is just really aggravating because I almost lost my job to day and this is making me fail my web site making class and if I fail i lose my job sadly their tied together as one.
I will post again later if the problem doesn't get resolved.

brekar

join:2009-05-01
Portland, OR
reply to Flea210
try using the last 4 digits of your cricket broadband phone number for your password not C-R-I-C-K-E-T

Flea210

San Antonio, TX
reply to Flea210
They told me that as well but didn't work either, I even did the self activation but that hasn't worked either so they filled out another ticket. I got say this is really starting to piss me off, I cant get work done at all.

Hopefully by now Tier 2 has gotten back with you. It has been my experience, that c-r-i-c-k-e-t in all lowercase is the correct password for all devices, however, as i was doing some research today, I found out that some legacy devices actually use the password c-r-i-c-k-e-t- 1 as the password. Normally, though, a simple uninstall / reinstall does the trick. Your issue really perplexes me, because honestly I have only had a couple of instances where I had to submit an OTTO for a username/password error. I'll check our databases again to see if I can find another fix. Let me ask you, have you gone to the store yet to have them check the modem? Don't go to a dealer, go to a full service store, and ask them to check the device on their computer. There might actually be an issue with your modem and sending the right info to the server. If it works ok on their system, then you can rule that out, and focus on computer or install issues

reply to Flea210
Oh, and the more bars you have, the better the signal, just like a cell phone. The whole 2 bars thing is just so we make sure you have enough signal. It will actually work with just one bar, but it might intermittently disconnect. 2 bars, you're fine. 3 bars, even better. Regardless, the bars of signal won't cause the issue you're having.

Flea210

San Antonio, TX
reply to Flea210
Well I really have no idea where the office would be and I don’t own a car anymore; they had it fixed yesterday for a few hours then it started up again but all they keep doing is refreshing my account which to be honest doesn’t make any sense to me how that help, I've tried the modem on my other three computers and it tells me the same thing so I know its not my main computer or my alt computers. As for the signal if I do get more than 2 bars the bit rate slows down or it disconnects interlay; would it help if you had my ticket number?

(It disconnected 3 times while I typed this.)

Yeah, give me your ticket number, i'll do what i can, of course for security purposes, i couldn't divulge account info, but i might be able to steer you in the right direction

Flea210

San Antonio, TX
reply to Flea210
I understand but my ticket number is 171979. It seems the only thing I can do for now is make it log online by clicking connect till it actually does.

Just wondering if they have called you back yet about your issue. Let me know, if not, i'll see what else i can do.

Flea210

San Antonio, TX
reply to Flea210
No and I've had a third ticket filled out again.