how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bob285

join:2008-09-10
Tenants Harbor, ME

[billing] Fairpoint Billing

Had a talk with a FP rep today about the past due balance on my 4/21 statement. My check for the March bill, due 3/20, cleared my bank on 3/17, yet was not posted on the statement generated on 4/21. I got some lame excuse about the billing company not being in sync with FP. The rep stated that over 500 call were recieved about past due balances.
Next, there was a charge for a long distance plan that was to be cancelled on 3/19 - which it was. Another lame excuse after he removed the charge.
Then I complained about not being able to access by account on-line after being promised a temp password being emailed to me by 3/17 - which never arrived. He then proceeded to clear the account and verbally gave me the temp password.
Later I accessed the account, changed the password and proceeded to the view/pay bill tab. The first page of the previous statement popped up, not the current statement. To view the entire statement I had to open a pdf file - ugh. And then checking the screen, there appeared no way to pay online.
At least my on-hold time was about 10 minutes.
Bob_D

lobster11

join:2004-01-19
Brunswick, ME
FairPoint management seems to be most proficient at blaming everyone but themselves.

pcme2000

join:2008-01-17
Bangor, ME
reply to Bob285
ya it seems that fairPoint can't seem to get thier billing right. They this month tried to charge me for instalation and $9.99 for shipping. I called them and had to ask what the hell did they ship to me. And what did they instal. That I have had DSL for over 4 years now. Then the lady said we are sorry and removed the charges so she said. REAd your bills!!