dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Nick125
join:2004-03-08
Albuquerque, NM

Nick125

Re: [Help] 02 Grand Prix EVAP problem (P0440)

Well, I wasn't able to track down a PCV grommet. None of the auto stores had them and the only dealer with one was 150 miles away. I think I'll just order one online and be done with it. I haven't been able to get the EVAP system test to rerun yet, so no word on whether anything I've tried so far has worked.
briand069
join:2003-04-13
Vacaville, CA

briand069

Had you just filled up with gas prior to this code appearing? The code also could mean a plugged EVAP canister My parents have a Malibu that had a defect that caused liquid gas to carry into the EVAP can and casue the gas smell and a code. I can't remember exactly what casued the probelm thogh, but the dealer/shop thought he was topping off the tank which he wasn't.
And yes, a P0440 code does exist...
Nick125
join:2004-03-08
Albuquerque, NM

Nick125

said by briand069:

Had you just filled up with gas prior to this code appearing? The code also could mean a plugged EVAP canister My parents have a Malibu that had a defect that caused liquid gas to carry into the EVAP can and casue the gas smell and a code. I can't remember exactly what casued the probelm thogh, but the dealer/shop thought he was topping off the tank which he wasn't.
And yes, a P0440 code does exist...
Nope. I'd filled up about 130 miles before the check engine light came on.