spc
uniqs
Proteos
join:2009-03-24
Menomonee Falls, WI

Proteos to Critsmcgee7

to Critsmcgee7

Re: How old are you?

The numbers you get from a site like this is going to be mostly older people though...younger players tend not to read forums.

Critsmcgee7
Premium Member
join:2009-02-25

Critsmcgee7

Premium Member

said by Proteos:

The numbers you get from a site like this is going to be mostly older people though...younger players tend not to read forums.
You might be right. I will most likley cross post this on another forum just to get people from mmo-champ and the wow forums. Soon as i get like 100 responses ill just average and see what i get.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

1 recommendation

bTU

said by Critsmcgee7:

said by Proteos:

You might be right. I will most likley cross post this on another forum just to get people from mmo-champ and the wow forums. Soon as i get like 100 responses ill just average and see what i get.
The problem with using a mean to find the true average is that outliers will skew your results and your std deviations will also be off on your z-scores. You would have to use Excel to run a regression analyses based on which sites you get your answers from.

GemSnake
Premium Member
join:2000-10-19
3rd layer

GemSnake

Premium Member

You lost me at "std deviations"...

Mutzweiser
join:2008-11-12
Denver, CO

Mutzweiser

26 (although I when asked the other weekend I said 25 and thought I was being entirely truthful until by GF pointed out that I was, in fact, 26...it was strange)

Tzale
Proud Libertarian Conservative
Premium Member
join:2004-01-06
NYC Metro

Tzale to Proteos

Premium Member

to Proteos
said by Proteos:

Not necessarily true....

I think this site mainly attracts IT professionals, who tend to be just that..... Professionals who aren't 18 years old.

Plenty of college aged gamers post on forums.

-Tzale
Sithra
join:2008-02-07

Sithra to bTU

to bTU
said by bTU:

The problem with using a mean to find the true average is that outliers will skew your results and your std deviations will also be off on your z-scores. You would have to use Excel to run a regression analyses based on which sites you get your answers from.
I bet you're a riot at parties.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by Sithra:

said by bTU:

But it all made sense! Reminds me of my Empirical Research Methods class in college. Mean vs. Avg and std dev and all that. Woot.

bTU
Aurora, CO

bTU to Sithra

to Sithra
said by Sithra:

said by bTU:

Actually I am, being a homebrewer and making beer, hard cider and mead by the 10 gallon batch creates lots of friend opportunities. Plus I have a house with a backyard for the inevitable drunken sports that follow. Playing football drunk with tiki torches for lighting adds a whole new aspect to the game.
keno5net
join:2002-01-05
Milwaukee, WI

keno5net

Ok another homebrewer wow player

54 here and getting my rims ready for the Big Brew Sat. To celebrate National Homebrew day Thanks JC.

bTU
Aurora, CO

bTU

You're more advanced than I am, still using the cooler for a mash tun and a keggle on a burner to boil. Doing 10 gallons of an Imperial IPA for big brew day. We gather at a local microbrewery here and setup our gear in the parking lot. Helps that the brewery owner also owns the adjoining homebrew supply shop.
canislupus
join:2008-12-12
Fort Lauderdale, FL

canislupus

Good Lord there are a lot of homebrewers here. I am as well, but just a n00b at it. Beer only from one of those kit-in-a-box ones while I learn the ropes.

bTU
Aurora, CO

bTU

said by canislupus:

Good Lord there are a lot of homebrewers here. I am as well, but just a n00b at it. Beer only from one of those kit-in-a-box ones while I learn the ropes.
We all had to start somewhere. I've been doing it for over 3 years now. About as addictive as WoW once you start all grain and devising your own recipes, and trying to put together your brewery. I know a few guys who have about 20k in their setups at home.
keno5net
join:2002-01-05
Milwaukee, WI

keno5net

said by bTU:

said by canislupus:

We all had to start somewhere. I've been doing it for over 3 years now. About as addictive as WoW once you start all grain and devising your own recipes, and trying to put together your brewery. I know a few guys who have about 20k in their setups at home.
I am all about cheap myself. half barrel kettles surplus glassware second hand homemade kegerator = cheap good beer.

Enjoying your hobby of whatever kind=priceless.