uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dampier
Phillip M Dampier

join:2003-03-23
Rochester, NY
reply to Noah Vail

Re: Sourcewatch and the letter Hmmm.

I think the issue with Sourcewatch is more about identifying the principles behind the front groups and allow the reader to decide whether or not such a person(s) is really qualified and knowledgeable in a subject area. I think it's also a group project, which may explain some of the fragmentation in their material.

For me, some of the most suspicious indicators are the group's funding sources (always follow the money), and secondly their secretive involvement in their initiatives. I don't care about the religious motivations behind this, just the cynical "intelligent design" of the astroturfing campaign driving it. These things are always sold to the public as some sort of spontaneous public movement, never that there is a pressure group(s) behind it driving the agenda. And as we've seen, that could be about religion or the Internet. The methods are often the same.

Noah Vail
Son made my Avatar
Premium
join:2004-12-10
Lorton, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Bright House
said by Dampier:

...Sourcewatch is more about identifying the principles behind the front groups and allow the reader to decide whether or not such a person(s) is really qualified and knowledgeable in a subject area...
Then I would expect to see a proportional number of Leftist Front Organizations exposed on their site. After randomly spot checking their front group list, I couldn't find a Single Leftist Front Group. There is no counterpoint.

There is a solitary, external blog; referenced to on the front page, that illustrates some of the Media-Obama-DNC Ménage à trois, but that was it.

If there is any evidence SourceWatch isn't wholly an anti-Conservative, anti-Corporate, anti-Christian web entity, I'd be curious to see it.

NV
--
In my perfect religion, a giant hole appears and sucks up all the lousy people.
I call it the Crapture.