spc
uniqs

RadioDoc

join:2000-05-11
La Grange, IL

RadioDoc to sporkme

to sporkme

Re: New posting requirement for anonymous posters

Oh, I'm very aware of that. However the vast majority of the unregistered users here don't wander past the front page discussions or post in them, and whether they can post or not really doesn't affect page views anyway.

I'd rather see this energy put toward cleaning up the issues in the forums instead, most of which are caused by registered users and moderators.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

said by RadioDoc:

I'd rather see this energy put toward cleaning up the issues in the forums instead, most of which are caused by registered users and moderators.
Perhaps you should hang out here and spend your time trying to help the anon postings which don't make sense and the anon never shows back up.

It is possible that this isn't the best way to go about it. I would hate to see this forum changed to a private forum like the Health and Fitness forum? But that maybe the best solution. Help and answers for DSLR members only -- no drive by shooting!
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

2 recommendations

patcat88 to RadioDoc

to RadioDoc
said by RadioDoc:

Oh, I'm very aware of that. However the vast majority of the unregistered users here don't wander past the front page discussions or post in them, and whether they can post or not really doesn't affect page views anyway.

I can't understand why so many anon trolls come here in the first place. Does this forum rank high for basic keywords on Google? Why don't trolls go to other registration mandated DIY Vbulletin board out there? or this the only home improvement DIY board whose mod has the patience of a religious prophet before locking or deleting?