join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

2 recommendations

Dennis to 81399672

Mod

to 81399672

Re: New posting requirement for anonymous posters

said by 81399672:

Well it seems your new rule is violating the rule or I should say the spirit of this board. You might want to check with your "superior" before you put in rule that goes against what this board stands for.
True I did not check with anyone else before employing this rule. However, to be honest I do not feel that I need anyone to sign off on this matter other than myself. It is not overly egregious nor draconian; in addition to my previous points I also don't think it is of enough importance to bother them with.

As the moderator of this forum I feel it is well within my rights and abilities to dictate behaviour within this aforementioned forum. If that is an issue with anyone here they can go above my head and question the powers that be directly about my decisions.

I feel I keep a dialog open with you guys (this discussion thread is a great example) and that I am not to strict. However, if my decision that anonymous posters should include detailed pictures (digital, diagram, mspaint...whatever) is so unreasonable by your standards then I think perhaps your a little to close to the problem.

StNickless
@tmodns.net

StNickless

Anon

If you really want, look back about 7-8 years ago and you'll find a user on this site named "Thorax".
Yep, that was me.

I deleted that account due to the absolute shit way the automotive forum is moderated.
In there, if you disagree with DoctorOlds your post gets deleted. He posts incorrect info probably on the order of 75% of the time, and he posts in nearly every thread.
How do I know?
I've been a master auto tech for 30 years, certs from GM, Isuzu, BMW, Toyota, etc.

I would pay for a IP log showing the mods IP's and Doctor Olds IP. Sometimes, you just know....

Now this brilliant manuver....

This is the last time I post on this site, the last time I visit this site, the last time I refer someone to this site.

It no longer is, what it was.

Phil
Rojo Sol
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
Downers Grove, IL

Phil

Premium Member

said by StNickless :

If you really want, look back about 7-8 years ago and you'll find a user on this site named "Thorax".
Yep, that was me.
The automotive forum has only been around for a few years (started in 2005 I believe).

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

1 recommendation

Dennis

Mod

said by Phil:

The automotive forum has only been around for a few years (started in 2005 I believe).
I think he was just trying to establish that he was a vested member of the site.

I don't agree with his decisions but he's welcome to make them.