join:2003-01-22
Pittsburgh, PA

2 recommendations

Nick_L to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis

Re: New posting requirement for anonymous posters

said by dark_star:
I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one who didn't take their crazy pill today?
And that's a big problem. You have just flipantly dismissed several intelligent posts strictly because you don't agree. Certainly not the best way to moderate, in my humble opinion. But then, what do I know, I actually enjoyed a few of the odd threads.

The world in gereral needs less rigid structure, not more. I dont see the major harm that these so-called drive-by posts were causing. They were not spam, they weren't phishing attempts, and some were actually amusing.

I think the intelligent, knowlegeable regular posters here should be able to decide wether or not to answer a post or just leave it be. There is no rule that whizkid must respond to everyone that asks an electrical question. Besides, it's not like there are thousands of posts to wade through every day.

If there is a legetimate problem in a post, then, by all means, moderate. If not, I say leave it be.

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

3 recommendations

Dennis

Mod

said by Nick_L:

And that's a big problem. You have just flipantly dismissed several intelligent posts strictly because you don't agree.
If I had, in all honesty, dismissed the concerns "flippantly" then we wouldn't really be having this discussion right now would we? No we wouldn't...I would have just closed the thread and been on my merry way doing other things like....oh I don't know....working, doing homework, playing with my kids, eating lunch, etc.

I let this thread be open because I thought it would be interesting, but so far everybody who has said I've offended the spirit of this forum or dismissed the intelligent posts have missed one thing; they are not in the majority of people.

If you want to get upset of what amounts to a very small change on an Internet chat forum go ahead, but don't call me flippant or suggest that I'm ignoring intelligent posts because at that point your just saying I'm dumb.

And with that we're done......