spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Niite
@sbcglobal.net

Niite

Anon

ATT Uverse, vs old DSL service

I'm rather baffled -- I upgraded from ATT's standard DSL package, to U-verse (got the pro, 3mb download) - so i'm flying at about 4 or 5 times what I had with their traditional DSL service. The confusing thing is, that when i download from megaupload, my dl is slower. With the DSL, I was averaging about 500-523KB/sec. Since I've gotten the U-verse, my downloads are averaging at 320-340KB/sec. Any ideas why this would happen? I've tested my download speed at various sites, and I'm getting an average of 2.6 - 2.9 MB/sec download so I shouldn't have this problem.

-Niite
zed2608
Premium Member
join:2007-09-30
Cleveland, TN

zed2608

Premium Member

what os are you using you probably need to tweak some settings to take full advantage of the speed

niite
@sbcglobal.net

niite to Niite

Anon

to Niite
Windows 7 Beta and Opensuse 11.1 with the latest pae kernel.

TOTC
I only exist to make you cry
Premium Member
join:2001-05-16
Van Nuys, CA

TOTC

Premium Member

You didn't have the Pro speeds with DSL, you had the Elite package with the 6 Mbit downstream, simple as that..
Now you have PRO which is only 3 Mbit, or like 310-320 KB/s

gdm
MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL

gdm to Niite

MVM

to Niite
Exactly as TOTC See Profile stated. You can upgrade your U-Verse line to 6 megs if you want it. Just call in and ask to upgrade it's all done via the phone.

doublea
join:2007-06-04
Rancho Cordova, CA

doublea to Niite

to Niite
said by Niite :

I'm rather baffled -- I upgraded from ATT's standard DSL package, to U-verse (got the pro, 3mb download) - so i'm flying at about 4 or 5 times what I had with their traditional DSL service. The confusing thing is, that when i download from megaupload, my dl is slower. With the DSL, I was averaging about 500-523KB/sec. Since I've gotten the U-verse, my downloads are averaging at 320-340KB/sec. Any ideas why this would happen? I've tested my download speed at various sites, and I'm getting an average of 2.6 - 2.9 MB/sec download so I shouldn't have this problem.

-Niite
As others have said, it is impossible to download @ 500KBps on the 3meg service. Looks like they signed you up for a slower service. Call em up let em know.
twill1989
join:2009-01-03
Goose Creek, SC

twill1989 to Niite

to Niite
Also, as an aside, anything you download from megaupload is going to be slow unless you pay for membership. The free service is typically only around 50-100 kbps.

And as the others said, you can't get 500 Kbps on a 3 mbps line. Your download speed is fine for the service you signed up for. I think you've gotten the terminology confused. 3 mbps means megabits, not megabytes. I can't explain the exact ration right now but maybe someone here can if you have anymore questions.