Too many cats, Too many mice
MVM
join:2004-03-16
Im not sure

1 edit

mouseferatu

MVM

Absurd fiber repair access issue

My Internet connection died last night. No fly, no way. The ONT would not generate an IP address despite a couple of hard resets, and I got sick of taking the connection down and yanking the battery out of the FiOS UPS to reset it.

I called FairPoint repair, and they asked me what my "at my FP" email address was. I told 'em I do not have one.

They then told me that they could not look up my account, as they can't find it using any phone number in my house, including the one that the HSI is connected to for billing.

They can not look it up by street address, as they do not have that in their system, and can not access the billing system.

They can not find my name, or my account number.

They tried to look up my account using my old "verizon dot net" email address but they could not find that either. They then told me to access the live help on the Net, and I had to try to get through the concept that I had no Internet connection.

They couldn't seem to transfer me to customer service, so I had to start over with them. They were less than helpful, as all they could tell me was that their systems don't work with the HSI system...

Finally called the Carolina people, who somehow managed to find my account, and managed to get someone out here this AM to kick (or whatever) the ONT.

Lot of hassle for a simple fix.

afireupondeep

Anon

Yeah that's ridiculous. Next time just ask for a supervisor.

mouseferatu
Too many cats, Too many mice
MVM
join:2004-03-16
Im not sure

mouseferatu

MVM

Good suggestion, but the tech's supervisor had no better luck than he did...

She did not find any evidence that my account exists, either...

Benvt
@myfairpoint.net

Benvt

Anon

Their customer service is reachable now but I have still gotten nowhere with them. They keep arranging times to call me about my slow speeds and then never call!