Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

1 recommendation

garys_2k to FBI

Premium Member

to FBI

Re: [Scam] Craiglist / Ebay Motors Scam

Gee, I'm surprised Lt. Cooper didn't tell you -- he's no longer stationed at MacDill, he's now in Germany. Oh, and nobody on the base has access to it, either.

scamtroll
@cogentco.com

scamtroll

Anon

My brother is new to the Internet and saw an ad for a van he wanted. Here's a reply, from a U.S. soldier now in England. I guess the mugshot URL is supposed to add an aura of authenticity to the transaction:

============================================
Hello,

This is a 2007 Honda Odyssey Touring, 6 Cyl, Automatic, with Gray Leather Interior, Navigation System, Premium Sound, TV/DVD, Sunroof, ONLY 22,879 Miles, VIN 5FNRL38847B007281.

Here you can find more pictures with the car: »s735.photobucket.com/alb ··· s_album/
(if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window)

It is in EXCELLENT condition; the body and paint are great, no scratches and no dents; the interior is clean; it has never been involved in an accident.

I'm an US Air Force Sgt. currently stationed in UK and the car is here with me. It was bought in the US and shipped to Europe, but it was never permanently registered here, the car is still registered in the US.

The shipping will take up to 7 business days and you will also have 10 days to inspect and test drive the vehicle from the moment it arrives at your place. There will be no extra or hidden taxes for you to pay since the car is still registered in US. In case you decide not to keep the car I'm responsible for shipping back costs.

I must say that this is a US model car, with the steering wheel on the left side, as opposed to a UK model, that has the steering wheel on the right side.

As I'm unable to travel in the near future and I don't have anyone back home to help me with the sale I decided to sell this car through eBay or craigslist.

Our transaction will be entirely through eBay Motors and we both will be covered.
The final price is $5,000 including shipping from Europe to the US and delivery to your home address.

So if you decide to buy this car or need further information please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thank you and have a great day,

Sgt. James B. Lucas
»www.lakenheath.af.mil/sh ··· -005.jpg

PS. Sorry for the long email I have tried to touch all bases

==========================================

And here the ebay agent he wants me to send the money to:

Bank name: Barclays Bank PLC - Wembley Park Branch
Band address: 55 Bridge Road, Wembley Park, Wembley,HA9 9AH, United Kingdom
Bank SWIFT Code (BIC): BARCGB22xxx
Bank Sort Code: 20-92-63
Account Holder: Attila Szekely
Account Holder Address: 6 Burlington Apartaments, 100 Anerley Park, SE20 8NR, London, United Kingdom
Account Number: GB22BARC20926303480224
IBAN: GB22 BARC 2092 6303 4802 24

Cedes
@mts.net

Cedes

Anon

CeWe are going through this scam as well, but it was for a 2004 Porsche Cayanne Turbo for 6500.00 shipping included on auto trader. The lady was recently divorced and moved from Vancouver to London UK. The vehicle is at a shipping yard all ready to be shipped. We ran a carfax and the last known title was in June of 2007 in California. She says she never had the time to register it...go figure. We have gone as far as getting the email from ebay motors invoice to send money through money gram. I have contacted ebay three times as to this and they keep giving me the same response...this is a scam! I am not sure if anything can be done about this and hopefully no one else falls for it. The seller is Claude Vachon.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

said by Cedes :

...but it was for a 2004 Porsche Cayanne Turbo for 6500.00 ...
WOW great price just for shipping...

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to Cedes

Premium Member

to Cedes
said by Cedes :

We have gone as far as getting the email from ebay motors invoice to send money through money gram. I have contacted ebay three times as to this and they keep giving me the same response...this is a scam! I am not sure if anything can be done about this and hopefully no one else falls for it.
Yes, it is a scam, but why are you contacting eBay 3 times about it? It sounds like you want it to be true instead of a scam. If it sounds too good to be true, then it is and you are heading toward being scammed.