spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

flacmonkey

@charter.com

Plans for Naked DSL

I am currently an unhappy charter customer and would love to sign up for Atlantic Nexus DSL. The problem is that you still require that I have an AT&T land line. I have been a customer of Bellsouth/AT&T in the past and will never give them another penny of my money. So my question is, are there any plans to offer Naked DSL in the near future?

timbob6
Premium
join:2005-10-06
Powder Springs, GA

Thanks for your interest in Atlantic Nexus. At this time, a land line is still required by your local ILEC (AT&T). We have initiated dialogue with the ILEC regarding lease access to the 'last mile' copper without the requirement of local service, but no arrangement has been reached as of yet. So in answer to your question, yes, we plan to pursue "Naked DSL", but this will depend entirely upon agreements reached with local ILECs.

flacmonkey

@charter.com
reply to flacmonkey

Thanks for the answer. I'll keep checking from time to time, hopefully you will be able to offer it soon.

phaqu

join:2005-05-26
Marietta, GA
reply to flacmonkey

said by flacmonkey :

I have been a customer of Bellsouth/AT&T in the past and will never give them another penny of my money.
Damn if you dont sound exactly like me. (except Im a little more vulgar in my description of them than you are).

phaqu

join:2005-05-26
Marietta, GA
reply to timbob6

S'up Tim.
Hows it going?

timbob6
Premium
join:2005-10-06
Powder Springs, GA

Very well, thanks. As an update for this post, I would like to mention that we have repeated our interest in Naked DSL to our ILEC contacts and are awaiting a response.