Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tfrionli
Tom F.

join:2001-06-21
Kings Park, NY

comparative perspective

Let's say for the sake of argument you go to the supermarket to buy a 1/2 gallon of milk. If I go there, I expect to be able to get my one item in a timely fashion. I don't want to wait for 1 hour to get the milk. I run in, run out. So what the Providers have created is the express lane. ahhhhhh! ingenious..... an express lane.. I just want the 1/2 gal of milk. so, I get in, out quick.

If I am going to buy 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 gallons of milk I would expect to wait at least five minutes more.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
--
tfrionli

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO
said by tfrionli:

No.

rcabor4

join:2007-04-17
Grand Prairie, TX
reply to tfrionli
said by tfrionli:

Let's say for the sake of argument you go to the supermarket to buy a 1/2 gallon of milk. If I go there, I expect to be able to get my one item in a timely fashion. I don't want to wait for 1 hour to get the milk. I run in, run out. So what the Providers have created is the express lane. ahhhhhh! ingenious..... an express lane.. I just want the 1/2 gal of milk. so, I get in, out quick.

If I am going to buy 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 gallons of milk I would expect to wait at least five minutes more.

No I am lactose intolerent, so I dont buy milk.

gigante
Premium
join:2000-06-30
Anchorage, AK
reply to tfrionli
Please put the pipe down, and step away from the vehicle.

The Antihero

join:2002-04-09
Enola, PA
reply to tfrionli
said by tfrionli:

Do you?

qworst

@qwest.net
reply to tfrionli
what a terrible analogy. The internetz are not made of plastic jugs.
Everyone knows it's really a series of tubes.

tfrionli
Tom F.

join:2001-06-21
Kings Park, NY
reply to tfrionli
If you drink too much milk you get spoiled...

No really, if you are using vast amounts of bandwidth, you should pay more. I'm talking like 1 TB or more a month.. I don't think a movie or 2 a day should put anyone over a cap...Legally downloaded of course.
--
tfrionli