dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« user error
This is a sub-selection from 3GB a month, slightly more?

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313 to klipko

Premium Member

to klipko

Re: 3GB a month, slightly more?

said by klipko:

said by mob:

Sure. As long as there are no driver mega patches, security updates, etc.

God forbid you need to download service packs 1-??.
Exactly what I was thinking... What if you want to DL Windows 7 or try out a few Linux distros. Will Qwest label you as an abuser?
No kidding. I'm doing Hulu and I'll do 3GB in one DAY! I've not even gotten to the Win7 RC yet.

With crap like this, it makes Comcast's 250GB a month seem very generous, don't it?
dynodb
Premium Member
join:2004-04-21
Minneapolis, MN

1 edit

dynodb

Premium Member

Again- 3GB IS NOT A CAP.

They're saying that's about what the "average" user consumed, at least back in 2007.

I don't know if or when they'll announce exactly what they consider "excessive", but I do know that it's currently measured in hundreds of GB, not a few.

Go browse the Qwest forum- just try and find someone that got a letter for "excessive use" in the past year.
cyclone_z
join:2006-06-19
Ames, IA

cyclone_z

said by dynodb:

Again- 3GB IS NOT A CAP.

They're saying that's about what the "average" user consumed, at least back in 2007.
That 3 GB is NOT a cap is obvious to anyone has reading comprehension skills. From the replies I can tell that many lack those skills.

My guess is that the person who sent this to consumerist is maxing out the connection day and night.
mdrift
join:2003-08-15
Spokane, WA

mdrift to dynodb

to dynodb
said by dynodb:

Again- 3GB IS NOT A CAP.

I don't know if or when they'll announce exactly what they consider "excessive", but I do know that it's currently measured in hundreds of GB, not a few.

Go browse the Qwest forum- just try and find someone that got a letter for "excessive use" in the past year.
Who cares what the average consumer consumed per month back in 2007, unless they want to suddenly surmount a heavy toll on what the consumer will consume going forward with HD Video. Qwest has been a train wreck for over a decade.

Instead of building and partnering with companies that will drive business in the Consumer space, lobby to open up markets to offer real competition they are protecting their legally sanctioned portion of the pie. Unfortunately for Qwest, it's not a big portion.

If they honestly think mid-to-large cities are going to wait till 2011/2012 for 20Mbps they are sorely mistaken.

system001
@qwest.net

system001

Anon

you got that right. i have qwest, and my area is most likely less than 6 months away from having fiso. in this economy i will drop qwest in a heartbeat and dear them to even try to come after me for breaking my contract. i only went with qwest/directv simply on the tv side a better lineup than comcast, and on the internet side qwest 7mb service is as fast as comcast so called 12mb service. then even after the promo rates are over my monthly bill will be 12 dollars less than i was paying with comcast.
« user error
This is a sub-selection from 3GB a month, slightly more?