All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sjx
join:2009-03-11

sjx

Speed cut?

Did anyone experience DSL speed cut in NH recently? I have 768/128 plan and the speed was reduced to about 480/128 since this Monday. I used to have 3000/768 plan, so distance shouldn't be the problem.

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH

tschmidt

MVM

Do you mean result of end-to-end speed tests have decreased or modem sync rate was reduced?

I have not noticed any change in either.

/tom
sjx
join:2009-03-11

sjx

I used www.speakeasy.net/speedtest and www.speedtest.net to test the download speed. Both tests showed a download speed of ~480kbps. Last week I can get ~750kbps. I am using a 5 year old westell wirespeed modem and I don't know how to find sync speed.
said by tschmidt:

Do you mean result of end-to-end speed tests have decreased or modem sync rate was reduced?

I have not noticed any change in either.

/tom

weakender
@rr.com

weakender to sjx

Anon

to sjx
I had this problem a couple of months ago. I shut off the modem for 30 seconds and turned it back on. No problems since

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

1 edit

NormanS to sjx

MVM

to sjx

Westell 36R516 modem statistics.
I had an old Westell WireSpeed B90 36R516. Got a diagnostic utility here:

»www.westell.com/index.ph ··· =support

Screen shot shows information I pulled using the utility.

P.S. If that isn't your modem model, check the site. They have a raft of manufacture discontinued links; you might find a utility on one of them.

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH

tschmidt

MVM

Unless it changed since I used Westell utility to get access to low level stats need to know the magic key command:

CNTL-ALT-F7

Why they made it hard to get to stats I have no idea.

/tom