uniqs
keefe007
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Germantown, WI

keefe007 to viperm

Premium Member

to viperm

Re: How to Optimize a Canopy network using advanced timing/sync.

said by viperm:

WOW WOW WOW this really explained a lot in laymens terms and I have a MUCH better understanding now. Even though we have only one AP at each location right now, I now know how to obtain optimum performance as far as sync goes.

Now not to thru a wrench into the subject but what if you have GPS timing on one site with say 2-3 aps and another site 5-6 miles away with one AP and NO gps syn will this setup still work if we adjust settings on the single ap to match that of the clustered AP's?

My gut tells me know because the single AP is not on the same "sync signal" as the GPS ones?
If you don't use GPS then the Canopy APs will generate their own sync signal. The issue that arises is that the self-generated sync signal is not as accurate and stable as the true GPS sync. So to answer your question, yes, the non-syncd AP could cause some self-interference on your network. Are you using Canopy backhauls between those two sites? You can pass sync to a remote AP via Canopy BH's.

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Winchester, CA

viperm

Premium Member

No we are not we have a total of 2 CMM micros and about 6 Canopy ap's 5.2, 5.7 and 900 bachauls are all link 45 trango units.