All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
lacklusterbb
join:2009-03-12

lacklusterbb to mazilo

to mazilo

Re: Gizmo5 working for other?

I'm not having any problems with G5 so I don't think SIP URI dialing has been turned off system-wide. I can get incoming and make outgoing via SIP.
caseydoug
join:2001-08-14
Seattle, WA

caseydoug

said by lacklusterbb:

I'm not having any problems with G5 so I don't think SIP URI dialing has been turned off system-wide. I can get incoming and make outgoing via SIP.
Are you saying you can still connect from G5 via to Google Voice via SIP? If so, what method are you using?
curro
join:2003-10-24
Seabrook, TX

curro to lacklusterbb

to lacklusterbb
said by lacklusterbb:

So far some of the tests I have done with my Gizmo5 (G5) -> Google Voice (GV) setup with my SPA-1001 box is working for incoming calls. Am I just lucky or is it working for other folks too?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL

1 edit

N9MD to lacklusterbb

Premium Member

to lacklusterbb
said by lacklusterbb:

I, too, can confirm that I've had no trouble with constant incoming calls to my Gizmo5 DID directed to the G5 SIP-URI picked up on my ExpressTalk softphone. (My office uses this DID for incoming dictations to a hard disk based transcription system.)
caseydoug
Seattle, WA

caseydoug

said by N9MD:

calls to my Gizmo5 DID directed to the G5 SIP-URI picked up on my ExpressTalk softphone.
Is the Gizmo5 DID directed to a Google Voice SIP-URI (e.g. 216.239.37.15:5061), or to a G5 SIP-URI?

curro: Is your G5 -> GV setup via SIP? You say incoming calls, but if you call your G5 DID and it forwards to GV, can you press *, PIN, 2 and make outgoing calls?

I'm just trying to find out if we're on the same page.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
Boca Raton, FL

N9MD

Premium Member

said by caseydoug:

said by N9MD:

calls to my Gizmo5 DID directed to the G5 SIP-URI picked up on my ExpressTalk softphone.
Is the Gizmo5 DID directed to a Google Voice SIP-URI (e.g. 216.239.37.15:5061), or to a G5 SIP-URI?

I do not use GoogleVoice! I'm simply noting that calls to my Gizmo5 DID are being answered on an ExpressTalk softphone registered to the Gizmo5 SIP-URI.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

1 edit

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

-------------------------------------------------
said by N9MD:

I do not use GoogleVoice!
Why not?

Google represents the best that America has to offer.

GM may run out of gas, and AIG may run out of chutzpah, but Google is America's proud beacon to the world.

To disrespect Google is to disrespect America.

Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

---------------------------------------

Note to the Osmium folks: This is satire/sarcasm.

kieranmullen
Premium Member
join:2005-12-12
Portland, OR

kieranmullen to N9MD

Premium Member

to N9MD
"hard disk based transcription system" Is that basically voicemail that you email off or does the system analyze the voicemail?
said by N9MD:

said by lacklusterbb:

I, too, can confirm that I've had no trouble with constant incoming calls to my Gizmo5 DID directed to the G5 SIP-URI picked up on my ExpressTalk softphone. (My office uses this DID for incoming dictations to a hard disk based transcription system.)

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
Boca Raton, FL

1 edit

N9MD

Premium Member

said by kieranmullen:

"hard disk based transcription system" Is that basically voicemail that you email off or does the system analyze the voicemail?
One of our medical office networked terminals has ExpressTalk and DialDictate software on the hard disk ... along with a headset connected to the audio output and a foot pedal hooked up to a serial port.

ExpressTalk software allows up to 6 individual phone lines ... each continuously registered to one of several VoIP providers' DIDs via their SIP-URIs (e.g., IpKall, Gizmo5) ... allowing alternate access if one provider is down for a while. My partners and I can dial into one of the DIDs from any outside or inside phone (PSTN, Cellular, VoIP) ... the call is answered by ExpressTalk which then activates the DialDictate software that acts as a digital recording device, controlled by DTMF tones such as "2" to Dictate, "3" to Pause. The system has voice prompts that ask for a DTMF password (which we can preset) to keep "wrong number" callers from leaving messages.

We can then dictate a medical report or staff memo for transcription by one of our typists ... the audio stream being digitized on the hard disk. DialDictate then maintains a list of all dictations (prioritized by level of importance, if we wish), showing the date and time and dictator, which can be accessed by our transcriptionist using the foot pedal (forward, reverse, fast forward) to listen to the dictations and type the information into a new WORD document.

I do not currently have the setup linked to a Voice Recognition system, but that is doable.

When I initially set this up several years ago, the software was free; the license fee to register each Phone Line was about $75 per line; and the foot pedal was another $60 or so. So, safe to say, we've gotten our money's worth. The only ongoing expense is the hourly wage for our two typists.
N9MD

N9MD to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704

Goose Poopy
said by PX Eliezer704:

said by N9MD:

I do not use GoogleVoice!
To disrespect Google is to disrespect America.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

Google represents the best that America has to offer.
You don't say. I used to think AIG, GM, Chrysler, and among all those big giants represent the best America could offer.
curro
Seabrook, TX

curro to caseydoug

to caseydoug
said by caseydoug:

said by N9MD:

curro: Is your G5 -> GV setup via SIP? You say incoming calls, but if you call your G5 DID and it forwards to GV, can you press *, PIN, 2 and make outgoing calls?

Maybe a better description of my set up is GV -> G5. In other words I call a Google Voice phone number that then it forwards to a G5 number and which rings through my Linksys ATA. When I pick up the phone I have to press 1 to get the call through (per GV set up which I cannot change).

Does this make sense now caseydoug? Thanks for asking.
caseydoug
Seattle, WA

caseydoug

said by curro:

Maybe a better description of my set up is GV -> G5. In other words I call a Google Voice phone number that then it forwards to a G5 number and which rings through my Linksys ATA. When I pick up the phone I have to press 1 to get the call through (per GV set up which I cannot change).

Does this make sense now caseydoug? Thanks for asking.
Yes, I get it now. Since you responded to both mazilo and lacklusterbb (at least mazilo was referring to G5->GV via SIP; not sure about lacklusterbb), I thought you might have this working again. Looks like nobody does.

As for answering calls without pressing 1, can't you just disable screening and presentation from Settings/General?

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
Boca Raton, FL

N9MD

Premium Member

said by caseydoug:

As for answering calls without pressing 1, can't you just disable screening and presentation from Settings/General?
No! That has never been an option ... so far as I can recall.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by N9MD:
said by caseydoug:

No! That has never been an option ... so far as I can recall.
On GV, this is a new option (call presentation).

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
Boca Raton, FL

N9MD

Premium Member

said by mazilo:

On GV, this is a new option (call presentation).
I stopped using GrandCentral prior to the GV takeover ... primarily because I had no use and no liking for the "Press 1 to accept this call" option. So, they finally got around to allowing end users to opt out of this mandate, did they?
caseydoug
Seattle, WA

caseydoug

Yes. You have the option to enable or disable both call screening and call presentation as the default setting. You can also enable or disable call presentation for each contact separately.
curro
Seabrook, TX

curro

said by caseydoug:

Yes. You have the option to enable or disable both call screening and call presentation as the default setting. You can also enable or disable call presentation for each contact separately.
This is good to know. I'll check it out. Thanks for the info.