Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS to dave

Premium Member

to dave

Re: [WIN7] Windows 7 RC Collects Info About You

said by dave:

How many users would like it if Vista or Windows 7 poisoned their dog?

There seems to be as much evidence for that...
Is there an entry in the EULA for such a scenerio?

Leathal
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
Richmond Hill, ON

Leathal to Bill_G

Premium Member

to Bill_G
said by Bill_G:

Windows 7 RC collects information about your computer, and what you use it for and sends it to Microsoft. below is a section from the privacy statement.

Microsoft may access or disclose information about you, including the content of your communications, in order to: (a) comply with the law or respond to lawful requests or legal process; (b) protect the rights or property of Microsoft or our customers, including the enforcement of our agreements or policies governing your use of the services; or © act on a good faith belief that such access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of Microsoft employees, customers, or the public.

If you plan to use Windows 7 RC, and do any questionable file sharing maybe you should think about it a little more.

Privacy Statement Source: »www.microsoft.com/window ··· acy.aspx
Do you owe millions to the IRS or Revenue Canada? Do you have something to hide?

If you do have something to hide cry to your local government about Microsoft, I personally have nothing to hide so I don't care if MS is collecting personal information about me.

Leathal
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave to EUS

Premium Member

to EUS
said by EUS:

Is there an entry in the EULA for such a scenerio?
Of course.
said by xp pro eula :
19. EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL
AND CERTAIN OTHER DAMAGES. TO THE
MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE
LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL MICROSOFT OR ITS
SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL,
INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER
(INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES
FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR CONFIDENTIAL OR
OTHER INFORMATION, FOR BUSINESS
INTERRUPTION, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, FOR
LOSS OF PRIVACY, FOR FAILURE TO MEET ANY
DUTY INCLUDING OF GOOD FAITH OR OF
REASONABLE CARE, FOR NEGLIGENCE, AND FOR
ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS
WHATSOEVER) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY
RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO
USE THE SOFTWARE, THE PROVISION OF OR
FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT OR OTHER
SERVICES, INFORMATON, SOFTWARE, AND
RELATED CONTENT THROUGH THE SOFTWARE OR
OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE
SOFTWARE, OR OTHERWISE UNDER OR IN
CONNECTION WITH ANY PROVISION OF THIS
EULA, EVEN IN THE EVENT OF THE FAULT,
TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE),
MISREPRESENTATION, STRICT LIABILITY,
BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF WARRANTY
OF MICROSOFT OR ANY SUPPLIER, AND EVEN
IF MICROSOFT OR ANY SUPPLIER HAS BEEN
ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
DAMAGES.

Unknown_Poster
@verizon.net

Unknown_Poster to Leathal

Anon

to Leathal
said by Leathal:

I personally have nothing to hide so I don't care if MS is collecting personal information about me.
Then you shouldn't care if the rest of us do the same.

Post here your actual full given name, home address, e-mail address, credit card information, and medical history, please.

TIA.

dMarks
Melting Faces For Fun
Premium Member
join:2007-02-09
Jackson, MI

1 edit

dMarks

Premium Member

John Jonathan Doe

1111 Nostreet Route, Pueblo, Colorodo

None@themoment.net

1234-5678-9055-5555

Every disease known to man, and some that aren't.

Leathal
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
Richmond Hill, ON

2 edits

Leathal to Unknown_Poster

Premium Member

to Unknown_Poster
said by Unknown_Poster :

said by Leathal:

I personally have nothing to hide so I don't care if MS is collecting personal information about me.

Post here your actual full given name, home address, e-mail address, credit card information, and medical history, please.

TIA.
That stuff has been easy to get since days long before the internet. Guys would use codes to access banks either through TRW Net, or Datapak (which is still in operation right now) and grab your personal information and use it for their melicous needs.

Think of it this way, when you walk into a store that has a interact machine that instantly give the store owner a "approved" message after they have swiped your card and put in the amount without dialing up the bank (using a 2400bps modem) where do you think the data goes? It goes to a box that has a 2400bps modem in their back room that is connected over a data line to datapak and is up 24/7. The same goes for the interact machines at banks, they don't talk to other banks over the WORLD WIDE WEB they talk over a 2400bps or 9600bps modem over a large communications network like Datapak which has been around for a very long time.

If you live in Toronto you can find datapak's dialin number in the phone book for 2400/9600bps, you just have to know how to navigate through the system. It's been there since the 70's at least!

So if you are that worried about your digital foot print, stop putting your money into a financial institution, or the stock market, stop using a credit card, and law low, because your idea of security is really funny to me.

So back to the topic at hand, your worried about Microsoft getting ahold of your information which is really available to anyone possesing the knowledge how to get it. That's not me but honestly I don't care if Microsoft finds out my real name, age, address, drivers license, SIN number, etc.

Leathal

Unknown_Poster
@verizon.net

Unknown_Poster

Anon

said by Leathal:

said by Unknown_Poster :

said by Leathal:

TIA.
That stuff has been easy to get since days long before the internet. Guys would use codes to access banks either through TRW Net, or Datapak (which is still in operation right now) and grab your personal information and use it for their melicous needs.

Think of it this way, when you walk into a store that has a interact machine that instantly give the store owner a "approved" message after they have swiped your card and put in the amount without dialing up the bank (using a 2400bps modem) where do you think the data goes? It goes to a box that has a 2400bps modem in their back room that is connected over a data line to datapak and is up 24/7. The same goes for the interact machines at banks, they don't talk to other banks over the WORLD WIDE WEB they talk over a 2400bps or 9600bps modem over a large communications network like Datapak which has been around for a very long time.

If you live in Toronto you can find datapak's dialin number in the phone book for 2400/9600bps, you just have to know how to navigate through the system. It's been there since the 70's at least!

So if you are that worried about your digital foot print, stop putting your money into a financial institution, or the stock market, stop using a credit card . . .
Not a bad ramble. . . Not bad at all.
On the 1-10 scale, I'm giving it a 9.3.
. . your idea of security is really funny to me.
I don't recall posting my idea of security here. Would you mind pointing out where I did?
I don't care if Microsoft finds out my real name, age, address, drivers license, SIN number, etc.
So you say.
Yet you've declined to post that info here as requested.

The conclusion can only be that you have something to hide, your claims otherwise to the contrary.