spc
Search similar:

uniqs

I Use Dial
join:2004-01-04
Morgan Hill, CA

I Use Dial

Eat your cake and have it, too.

A few entries down DSLR is talking up having the federal government increasing regulation. But here in this entry DSLR is discussing how federal regulation ends up being a tool for manipulation.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

1 recommendation

Karl Bode

News Guy

Yes, let's certainly not judge the quality of each instance of regulation on its own merits. Much easier to just say regulation itself kills puppies and is the worst sort of evil, right?

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

1 recommendation

fifty nine to I Use Dial

to I Use Dial
said by I Use Dial:

A few entries down DSLR is talking up having the federal government increasing regulation. But here in this entry DSLR is discussing how federal regulation ends up being a tool for manipulation.
Good, transparent regulation is not a bad thing.

When the FCC hides stuff it's not good.

Ryokucha
join:2000-10-20
Ormond Beach, FL

Ryokucha to I Use Dial

to I Use Dial
One could also argue that a change of regulation for the better, "new FOIA rules", brought to light regulation that was poorly administered by a corrupted administration.

It all depends on who is in control of said regulation, humans with their corruptibility can easily be swayed by money and power. So in this case I don't think it is fair to blame regulation, more so to blame those who regulate.

Is all regulation good, no. Should everything be regulated, no. Should regulation exist that protects the little guy from the big guy with a lobbyist at every door in Washington, I sure hope so.

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs

1 recommendation

N3OGH to I Use Dial

Premium Member

to I Use Dial
I think the duality you so quickly point out shows a level of objectiveness.

If it's good regulation, the regulation can be good.

If it's Kevin Martin's latest shitbag coverup, then it's lousy regulation...
N3OGH

N3OGH to Karl Bode

Premium Member

to Karl Bode
If regulation kills puppies, then de regulation eats little kittens. (And calm down please, folks. It's a funny...)