spc
Search similar:

uniqs

USR56K
join:2000-05-20
Lynnwood, WA

USR56K

[Wanted] GMC K1500 body part numbers

I've got a 1997 GMC K1500 (model K10753) 5.0L which suffered some minor front end body damage. Grill broke, the plastic thing under it which the grill snaps into and the bumper all need replacing.

I've already searched the various "GMC Part" sites on Google -- they're useless. non-existent pictures, too small to tell WTF the part really is, or doesn't appear to have all the parts I need.

What I'm really looking for a factory part catalog with the exploded views of the front end body parts. Can't seem to find it anywhere online. Various enthusiast forums for other car brands (like Suburu) have posted these.

Anyone know where I can find such a thing?

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka

MVM

The dealership is a safe bet.

USR56K
Lynnwood, WA

USR56K

Agreed, but I'm trying to get around the 50% markup in parts and local sales tax. Especially spendy things like a front grill and bumper.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka to USR56K

MVM

to USR56K
Often they will be far cheaper than you expect.

Don't rule it out until you have checked.

CatSnak
Live to Ride
Premium Member
join:2001-05-06
Ashland, OR

CatSnak to USR56K

Premium Member

to USR56K
Even if you don't buy the parts from the dealer you could at the least get the part numbers you are looking for.
sailor
Premium Member
join:2003-10-21
Long Island

sailor to USR56K

Premium Member

to USR56K
If you don't want to try the dealer route than go to a junk yard for the parts you need and as for the catalog stop by a auto body collision shop and ask them for a source. Bring a digital camera and they might even let you take a pic of the page or few pages you need from their manuals.
zr2stepside
join:2009-05-16
Farwell, MN

zr2stepside to USR56K

to USR56K
To USR56K I have a Mitchell book and it gives a p/n for under the grille 12376285 about $73. It goes across under the grille. This is not a tall piece in the sketch. May try to research this part and get a picture with it.
zr2stepside

zr2stepside to USR56K

to USR56K
I was on certifit.com an aftermarket crash parts supplier.
They have an online catalog, they show a P/n CHTR40H0 center filler panel, same on chev-GMC. It's cross reference is the same gm p/n 12376285 Maybe that helps also. May have certifit in you area.

USR56K
Lynnwood, WA

USR56K

Thanks for the suggestions all. The owner of the car decided to buy the parts from the dealer this weekend instead. We got them all installed and it's all fixed up now.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to USR56K

Premium Member

to USR56K
Click for full size
T_SEC_H.pdf
17,728,966 bytes
Body Components