share rss forum feed

tonystewart

join:2000-08-12
Lake Worth, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

Blinking Red Light

Good day

After 8.5 good years with Bellsouth DSL, I upgraded (poor choice of words) to Att Uverse Internet. Wednesday the 13th installation completed. Works good. Thursday night blinking red light, too late to call, off to bed. Friday Night works great for 2.5 hours then blinking red light, off to bed. Get up this morning, blinking red light called att. Woman doesn't speak english very well. Schedules repair for tuesday, I reply "just cancel the service and return my old dsl" suddenly the repair is scheduled for noon today, we will see.....

mibrnsurg

join:2003-07-28
Grosse Pointe, MI

Well, it's 8pm. what happened?

Chris

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

If I had to guess, sounds like either: 1) a bad home run or 2) bonding/grounding problems in the plant. Could be a funny bridge tap as well. And then my last resort would be a bad port on the VRAD. Of course it could also be a bad RG.

There are just a couple of possibilities as to what could be the culprit here.

Good Luck! U-Verse Internet is great, when it is done right! As is U-Verse TV.

tonystewart

Lake Worth, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
reply to tonystewart

Tech arrived at 3:45 pm, system had starting working at 12:30 pm. He checked everything, said it was good and that it was probably a local outage. Gone by 4:30 pm.

Saturday 10:30 pm. Red light no sync.
Sunday 9 am. Red light no sysnc.

Call tech support, total jackass named Ron, or Rome, couldn't understand.
I ask and receive Tier 2 support.
Tammy in Arizona, suddenly modem starts working. She checks log file and notices all the intermittent syncs issues in a log. Says she will be rolling a truck for my home. Calls back 10 minutes later to explain:

She checked the other uverse customers in my neighborhood. They all are showing intermittent syncs issues. She has asked for a line tech to check the VRAD and the wiring to all the homes with the same problem as mine.

Local U verse tech just called to ask me what the problem is, huh? I get him up to speed and he says he is on the way. He claimed he knew nothing about an intermittent sync issue and/or a problem with the VRAD. He said, "it looks like it's working now". My response was, "Yes, but for how long". He mentioned at the end about getting a tech to the VRAD to replace a "possible bad card".

We will see.....

mookster
Trogdor
Premium
join:2002-03-10
Bolton, CT

We had a very, very similar issue to yours, back in October. Almost sounds identical, actually. Service would be out all night, reset modem in morning and it shows no problems, syncs right up, and of course when techs come out, everything is just fine.

At one point they also told us the whole neighborhood was having sync issues, and mentioned something about a card in the VRAD. They finally switched our port in the VRAD and service has been decent ever since.

tonystewart

Lake Worth, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
reply to tonystewart

Sunday 2:30 pm
Same Line Tech from wednesday returns to the job, to basically do the job he did not perform on wednesday.

He ran a new drop, sort of. Instead of going from the pole to the pole to the house, he ran from the pole (through old junction box)to the house. I told him to place pull the old wire out of the underground pipe and run a new one, he said "I only work till 5 pm so I will call for a burial crew". I asked him nicely and he said he would "try" to run the cable. I also asked about the vrad card and he said he didn't know anything about that. I left for my daughters high school graduation.

We returned at 8 pm to find the line "underground" and 2 green lights. It works.

11:30 pm. Red blinking light has returned.

8 am I call tech and asked when the I & R crew is coming out to fix the card in the Vrad. The transfered me to a att dispatch who after 45 minutes found the same line tech. He told them he was going out there today to change the port. I love "Union" labor!

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

dont knock it, right now, no union guy is gonna bust his ass w/o a contract, att is holding out for at&t se's to expire before they offer a deal to the unions liking

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2

Get a hold of mmay149q See Profile, he can help you out. Send him an instant message via this site with your name, account number, phone number to be contacted at (like a cell phone), and a good time to call you. He's a Level 2 Technician.
--
Tom

joako
Premium
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to OSUGoose

said by OSUGoose:

dont knock it, right now, no union guy is gonna bust his ass w/o a contract, att is holding out for at&t se's to expire before they offer a deal to the unions liking
So you are saying they don't get paid if they work past 5:00PM because as you say they have a current contract which hasn't expired yet?
--
PRescott7-2097

tonystewart

Lake Worth, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
reply to tonystewart

Tuesday 8 am

Another I & R tech arrived, spent 2 hours, didn't tell me what he did. It was working when he left.

At 5 pm I received a call from ATT dispatch informing me that a port swap was performed and that my service should be working. I wasn't home at the time of the call, but when I returned I had working internet.

Keeping my fingers crossed, hoping this is the end, or the beginning of good service.

tonystewart

Lake Worth, FL
reply to tonystewart

48 hours and still working, no interruptions during the thunderstorms and speed is good.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2

That's good, very good to hear that you have had your issues resolved.
--
Tom

scooby
Premium
join:2001-05-01
Schaumburg, IL
kudos:1
reply to tonystewart

Weird what a flaky card can do. There was that other person that was on a flaky card a while back that had very weird internet problems. I guess when they flake out, anything can happen.

Glad to hear you are back up and running.

tonystewart

Lake Worth, FL
reply to tonystewart

Excellent connection since work was completed, "correctly".

6 days and counting....

gdm
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL
kudos:3

Glad to hear it! I am sure you are as well!