spc
Search similar:

uniqs

dtvguy
@verizon.net

dtvguy

Anon

[DIRECTV] 2 tvs from one box?

I have 7 DTV receivers in my home and Ive heard thats the limit for one customer? Will they allow 8?

Id rather not pay another $5 a month for an 8th receiver plus the cost of the receiver anyways.

I was wondering if anybody knew of any devices out there that would allow me to use 2 TVs from one settop box.

Id prefer wireless and the ability to change channels, watch my DVR recordings (its a UTV receiver) etc
from the remote location of the second tv.

I also have a cat5 homerun between the two TVs in question (they are on seperate floors so thats why Im questioning the wireless) so if theyre any good ethernet type devices out their I could use them

And I also have a spare coax between the 2 locations but as far as I know the reciever only has 1 coax output..

Can you use the RCA outputs for TV1 and then the coax output for TV 2? If that worked then the only problem would be with changing the channels

LBDSL
Lightning Bolt
join:2002-01-07
Auburn Hills, MI

LBDSL

You can also use a standard coax splitter AFTER the receiver, but no matter what you do, both TV's will be on the same channel, and see the same programming.

tahoejeff
Premium Member
join:2001-07-01
Wisconsin Dells, WI

1 edit

tahoejeff to dtvguy

Premium Member

to dtvguy
I used to do this, but don't remember for sure if I used both the component and coax outputs...or if I just split the coax.
Either way, I used a Terk Leapfrog device to control the direct tv receiver.
Here's one i found searching that actually sends the A/V wirelessly too. I don't know how well it works, as mine was just for extending the remote. »www.lashen.com/vendors/t ··· frog.asp
Do some more searching for Terk Leapfrog. I bought mine used from Ebay.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

4 edits

Hayward0 to dtvguy

Premium Member

to dtvguy
Or you cold be on DISH and only have 2 receivers to serve 4 sets individually. (in a single tuner mode... no record and watch etc... each set doing its thing.But that not needed yes you could too if only one or two sets needed at one time)

And also even even if all 4 sets recording something single tuner... all 4 could also be playing back prerecorded stuff.

Personally, I am a DVR fan watch vertually NOTHING live anymore...unless non commercial.... and even then I will still pause and pick up again because of a beverage or nature call.
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA

2 edits

08034016 (banned) to dtvguy

to dtvguy
Get a Dual Tuner receiver.
»www.satelliteguys.us/att ··· 82557195

LBDSL
Lightning Bolt
join:2002-01-07
Auburn Hills, MI

LBDSL

said by 08034016:

That is a Dish receiver. The OP has DirecTV
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Byron, GA

08034016 (banned)

said by LBDSL:
said by 08034016:

That is a Dish receiver. The OP has DirecTV
This has a dual tuner
»www.directv.com/DTVAPP/g ··· vtype=-1
quote:
TUNERS
2 satellite tuners

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky

dbmaven

Mod

There are currently no DirecTV receivers that can supply 2 different sources to two connected displays.

All DVRs, regardless of service are dual tuner. That's how they can record one channel while watching another.

DirecTV's receivers supply the 'active' output to all of the outputs - HDMI, Component, S-Video, etc. You can connect multiple TVs - but they all will see whatever the 'active' output is......
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Byron, GA

1 edit

08034016 (banned) to dtvguy

to dtvguy
said by dtvguy :

I have 7 DTV receivers in my home and Ive heard thats the limit for one customer? Will they allow 8?

It's unlimited Receivers.
However the $5.00 per month does apply to each one.

BuckarooB
Beware Lectroids from PlanetX
Premium Member
join:2001-10-27
Cloverdale, VA

BuckarooB to dtvguy

Premium Member

to dtvguy
what you need is a video sender... here is one:

»www.x10.com/products4/go ··· r_v.html

I have a similar one, works great, but its SD only not HD.
Expand your moderator at work