to l0thar

Re: fixppp.org

Thanks really appreciate it.

l0thar
join:2005-12-29
Far Far Away

3 edits

l0thar

miro, you are welcome. I have good news and bad news.

Good news - this version is now installed and running. Bad news - it was a b1tch to install, making it more difficult than it should.

I see now why Guspaz had not linked it in the download list on fixppp.org.

If Kareeser can attach his alpha3 or alpha5 version here it would be easier for you to install - all you need is to follow Guspaz's instructions, but change the URL for the mlppp download.

If he doesn't come around to doing it, and you are willing to jump a few more hoops, the alpha 8 version above works. Just is a harder install. :(

Issues to install alpha8 :

- it was compressed with gunzip, so the tar command line needs a different switch - 'tar xzvf filename' [edit : thanks Guspaz for this tip]

- after decompressing it, alpha8 install checks for dependencies (required stuff or it will not install.) Turns out it demands C100 fix in ZeroShell.

- this version of mlppp does NOT work for a 'virgin' install on a brand new Zeroshell/Virtual Box setup. (as tested by miro and l0thar; details posted later in this thread) If you have a fresh, brand new install, stick with alpha3 or alpha5 versions of mlppp for the time being.

Upgrading the mlppp module from versions alpha3 or alpha 5 to alpha8 has been tested and works.

Working instructions if you are willing to wallow thru :

- use the file attached in my post above, alpha8. I made a tinyurl for it :

wget http://tinyurl.com/mlppp-alpha8

- from the Zeroshell command line, enter the commands to unpack it (where it says 'hit tab', use the Tab key in the keyboard, it will auto-complete the filename for you):

tar xzvf Zero(hit tab key to complete the name)

File is now unpacked. BUT - you will need the Zeroshell C100 patch from »www.zeroshell.net/eng/pa ··· ls/#C100

Instructions to get and install it :

cd /Database
wget http://www.zeroshell.net/listing/C100-Security-Fix-beta11.tar.bz2
tar xvfj C100-Security-Fix-beta11.tar.bz2
cd C100
./install.sh

Done updating! ;)

Now, back to installing mlppp alpha 8.

The alpha8 unpacks to a bunch of dirs below your home directory. Follow those commands, one command per line

cd
cd mlppp-generic
cd zeroshell-install
./install.sh

And it will complete the process.

Hope all works well for you! :)

* Edits :

1. modified tar command line as suggested by Guspaz, to allow tar to decompress directly.

2. added caveat note, install doesn't work for brand new Zeroshell installs. Works fine for upgrading alpha3 or 5 to version 8.

Shikomu
join:2007-11-16
Ontario

Shikomu

OK seems to have gone well but I feel dumb. Stuck on step
26- in Guspaz instructions. Where is the Multilink Mode drop down in Zeroshell ?

l0thar
Far Far Away

l0thar

Click for full size
said by Shikomu:

OK seems to have gone well but I feel dumb. Stuck on step
26- in Guspaz instructions. Where is the Multilink Mode drop down in Zeroshell ?
here's a picture, the dropdown is the "Multilink: On" selected.

Below it there's a '+Advanced' sign, click it and add the advanced information as per Guspaz's guide (steps 28 and 29 in his guide, settings shown in my pic).
matt_m
Premium Member
join:2007-04-07
Ottawa, ON

matt_m

Premium Member

Do you have to have a hard drive install of Zeroshell for this patch?

I have been having a hell of a time with Zeroshell today.

l0thar
Far Far Away

l0thar

matt_m, no you can install it on a normal VirtualBox Zeroshell installation.

That's what I did, and it works fine.
matt_m
Premium Member
join:2007-04-07
Ottawa, ON

1 edit

matt_m

Premium Member

I am building a router with an Intel mini-ITX board I got today, so the Virtualbox stuff doesn't really apply. Thanks anyway.

l0thar
Far Far Away

l0thar

matt - if you are doing a hard disk install of ZeroShell, all the same procedures can also be used.

Since the C100 Zeroshell patch is described as a Security fix, and did NOT download via the normal Auto-Update feature, I would recommend installing it manually - either to Vbox or hd installs.

Shikomu
Ontario

1 edit

Shikomu to l0thar

to l0thar
Everything went well no errors and yet I dont have the same PPPoe screen as you. Bare with me. Help ! It appears I am having trouble getting the alpha8 to install. Thanks for everyones help I'll just wait for the site to come back.

fixing_ppp
@dsl.bell.ca

fixing_ppp

Anon

miro,

Did you got to the Setup, Network area - and created a new PPPoE connection?

You need to do that, it's not there by default.

Add your login info to it. Then you should be able to enable multilink PPP (if you have successfuly installed one of the mlppp packages).
zinc
Premium Member
join:2004-02-17
Kitchener, ON

zinc

Premium Member

If someone has all the files, I can host a mirror as well.

Shikomu
Ontario

Shikomu to fixing_ppp

to fixing_ppp
Yup that was all done but pretty sure the MLPPP package (Alpha8) never really installed hence no MLPPP button in my PPPoe connection.
Shikomu

Shikomu to l0thar

to l0thar
Click for full size
IOthar/Guspaz:

When I install the Alpha8 as you can see it tries but has a few errors. Basically saying cant remove PPP because something is using it.

Thanks