miro, you are welcome. I have good news and bad news.
Good news - this version is now installed and running. Bad news - it was a b1tch to install, making it more difficult than it should.
I see now why Guspaz had not linked it in the download list on fixppp.org.
If Kareeser can attach his alpha3 or alpha5 version here it would be easier for you to install - all you need is to follow Guspaz's instructions, but change the URL for the mlppp download.
If he doesn't come around to doing it, and you are willing to jump a few more hoops, the alpha 8 version above works. Just is a harder install. :(Issues to install alpha8 :
- it was compressed with gunzip, so the tar command line needs a different switch - 'tar xzvf filename' [edit : thanks Guspaz for this tip]
- after decompressing it, alpha8 install checks for dependencies (required stuff or it will not install.) Turns out it demands C100 fix in ZeroShell.
- this version of mlppp does NOT work
for a 'virgin' install on a brand new Zeroshell/Virtual Box setup. (as tested by miro
; details posted later in this thread) If you have a fresh, brand new install, stick with alpha3 or alpha5 versions of mlppp for the time being.
Upgrading the mlppp module from versions alpha3 or alpha 5 to alpha8 has been tested and works.Working instructions if you are willing to wallow thru :
- use the file attached in my post above, alpha8. I made a tinyurl for it :
- from the Zeroshell command line, enter the commands to unpack it (where it says 'hit tab', use the Tab key in the keyboard, it will auto-complete the filename for you):
tar xzvf Zero(hit tab key to complete the name)
File is now unpacked. BUT - you will need the Zeroshell C100 patch from »www.zeroshell.net/eng/patch-details/#C100
Instructions to get and install it :
tar xvfj C100-Security-Fix-beta11.tar.bz2
Done updating! ;)
Now, back to installing mlppp alpha 8.
The alpha8 unpacks to a bunch of dirs below your home directory. Follow those commands, one command per line
And it will complete the process.
Hope all works well for you! :)* Edits :
1. modified tar command line as suggested by Guspaz, to allow tar to decompress directly.
2. added caveat note, install doesn't work for brand new Zeroshell installs. Works fine for upgrading alpha3 or 5 to version 8.