Search similar:

uniqs

Nite Rider
join:2002-10-13
Lynnwood, WA

Nite Rider

Zingotel Gone?

Hi,

I am Zingotel customer. Today I received an email from miracletel.com stating that Zingotel has gone out of business and that I should switch to them. In addition, I can no longer connect to Zingotel.

They say that they will try to port the number over, but may not be able to for a while.

Their pricing is very similar to Zingotel. Their website looks similar too especially the support site. Both domains are registered on Godaddy. The miracletel.com domain was registered Feb 2009, just as their billing systems started having issues. I have a feeling its the same people under a different name, because the original company probably went bankrupt.

Does anyone know if this new company is legit? Is Zingotel really gone?

Thanks,
Nite Rider
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

What does your common sense tell you?

I am sure that you are smart enough to figure out the answers to all of the questions you asked.

-------------------------------------

Why keep picking losers?

Why not go with good companies that have track records, good reviews, satisfied customers on the same website that you are already a participant in?

»/gbu
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango to Nite Rider

Premium Member

to Nite Rider
Miracle Telecom has a testimonial from John Doe on their website! If that isn't an endorsement, I don't know what is!

I also noticed this:
said by »miracletel.com/index.php ··· ile.html :

Miracle Telecom LLC. and Miracle Telecom Pvt. Ltd. (India) are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Miracle Telecom LLC. Miracle Telecom Pvt. Ltd. provides call center support & development to Miracle Telecom LLC.
It looks like their tech support is likely India-based. Historically, outsourced overseas techs have a lower service standard than local techs, though this is of course a generalization.

I wanted to call them just for interest's sake, but their phone number doesn't work. This is not a good sign for a phone company.

I did email them and asked for the IP of their SIP server so I could see where it was located. I'll post back if I hear anything.

m.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

Be smarter than Charlie Brown.
----------------------------------

I'd like to verify Mango2's finding that, at this moment, the Miracletel website does indeed have an endorsement by JOHN DOE !

The Miracletel terms of service say:

Billing disputes should be notified to the following address:

"Customer Care Billing Department
Miracle Telecom, LLC.
USA"

(This is NOT an address that the postal service can deliver to !!)

MiracleTel was incorporated A FEW DAYS AGO in Delaware:

File Number: 4681131
Incorporation Date/Formation Date: 04/27/2009
Entity Name: MIRACLE TELECOM LLC
Entity Kind: LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY (LLC) Entity Type: GENERAL
Residency: DOMESTIC State: DE

-----------------------------------

I think that this is as clear as can be.
PX Eliezer704

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

Here's more info on some folks associated with ZINGOTEL:

»people.forbes.com/profil ··· ry/42183

»people.forbes.com/profil ··· ia/42182

----------------------------------------------

From the ZINGOTEL website:
Form 8-K for ZINGO, INC.

(---this shows Zingo and Zingotel are the same---)

Change in Directors or Principal Officers

Item 5.02. Departure of Directors or Principal Officers; Election of Directors; Appointment of Principal Officers.
On August 30, 2005, Chen Wu and Madanayake Udaya resigned as officers and directors, and Tony Castro resigned as a director, of Zingo, Inc. (formerly Javakingcoffe, Inc., and herein referred to as "we", "us" or the "Company"). Our Board of Directors had appointed, effective August 30, 2005, two additional directors to our Board, Holly A. Roseberry and Mehboob Charania, who now, following the resignations of Messrs. Wu, Udaya and Castro, constitute our new Board of Directors. On August 30, 2005, our new Board of Directors appointed Holly Roseberry as President and Chief Executive Officer, and Mehboob Charania as Treasurer and Secretary, of the Company.

Ms. Holly Roseberry is a director, and is the president and chief executive officer, of Hybrid Technologies, Inc., the majority shareholder of the Company. She obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree from Sacred Heart University in Bridgeport, Connecticut in 1973. Ms. Roseberry was employed from 1993 to 1996 as human resources manager, and from 1997 to 1999 as business office manager, of the Las Vegas location of Wards Department Store. Ms. Roseberry was not employed from 1999-2001. From 2001 to 2003, she acted as manager for 24/7 Drycleaning Laundromat, a private Las Vegas business.

Mr. Mehboob Charania is a director, and has been the secretary, treasurer and chief financial officer, of Hybrid Technologies, Inc. since November 15, 2002. Since June 2001, Mr. Charania has been the owner and operator of Infusion Bistro, a restaurant located in Calgary, Alberta. From 1998 to 2001, he acted as a manager at IBM\'s Calgary office.

PX Eliezer704

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

And THESE articles suggest links between Zingo/Zingotel, its parent Hybrid Technologies, Hybrid's new company name EV Innovations (Electric Vehicle), and perhaps Jay Leno:

»evdoesit.blogspot.com/20 ··· ies.html

»www.autobloggreen.com/20 ··· ons-inc/

----------------------------------------

I'm done. Bye all!

Nite Rider
join:2002-10-13
Lynnwood, WA

Nite Rider

Well I took PX Eliezer704 See Profile's advice and found myself another carrier.
I opened a "bare essentials" account with Future Nine for $7/m and deposited $15.
Will see how well this provider works for FAX and international calling.

If everything works out this carrier's rates are much lower than Zingotel's.
I am not exactly sure why I stuck with these losers for so long.

Thanks,
Nite Rider
nitzan
Premium Member
join:2008-02-27

nitzan to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704
Wow. She went from managing a dry cleaning store to managing a VoIP provider?!?

I think this one's got to win some sort of award.

Let me know if you need anything with Future Nine. Welcome!

n1zuk
making really tiny tech things
Premium Member
join:2001-10-24
Malta

n1zuk

Premium Member

Ms. Roseberry is likely somebody's wife, probably the guy who owns the dry cleaning shops in Vegas who has invested in Hybrid Technologies.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to Nite Rider

Premium Member

to Nite Rider
Good luck.

In case you didn't know, Nitzan is the owner of FutureNine, and I'm sure he will take good care of you. Let him know if you have questions.

(Regarding fax, this forum has many posts dealing with tips for faxing over Voip. However, please note that Voip faxing is very challenging for ANY of the companies. Voip was never originally designed to be compatible with fax.)
nitzan
Premium Member
join:2008-02-27

nitzan

Premium Member

Tips for fax over VoIP. These will definitely help - especially the jitter buffer change.

josephf
join:2009-04-26

josephf

nitzan, You fax tips page ends with:

One more note: we have discovered that some of our vendors support voice better, while some of them support fax better. If you are trying to fax to a number which is a dedicated fax, you have completed all the steps above, and after repeated tries it is still not working - please email us with the number you are trying to send to, and we will override that number to go through a provider who supports fax better.

How is it that a vendor that supports fax better, isn't at least as good as another vendor for voice calls? (IOW, how could a vendor that doesn't support fax as well as the next guy, be better for voice calls than a vendor that supports fax better?)

Brianr
@bbtel.com

Brianr to Nite Rider

Anon

to Nite Rider
For anyone wondering if there is a connection between zingotel and miracletel just think about this one left and the other showed up shortly after then miracle started contacting zingo customers. That by itself is strange but it gets better. If you have a zingo box spa2100 it is now getting its config file from »prov.miracle.com/spa/cfg/Mac.cfg this is just a bit of what is in the cfg file

alpha6754 manageMe 1 services.zingotel.com:65430 DHCP,Manual 1 G729 0.020 360 210 1 »prov.miracletel.com/spa/ ··· /$MA.cfg 90 15 45 8 GMT-05:00 time-b.nist.gov 1 1 $NOTIFY full talk.zingotel.com 600

it would be hard to belive they are not the same people
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

Very interesting. Thanks.

But I think that there was no doubt about this, regardless.

Not the first time this type of thing has happened.

-----------------------------------------

Why "Miracletel"?

Mmmph.

There's an old Hollywood joke about a movie studio called Miracle Pictures. Slogan: "If it's a good movie, it's a Miracle"
PX Eliezer704

1 edit

PX Eliezer704 to nitzan

Premium Member

to nitzan
said by nitzan:

Wow. She went from managing a dry cleaning store to managing a VoIP provider?!?

I think this one's got to win some sort of award.

Let me know if you need anything with Future Nine. Welcome!
Nitzan!

Why not hold a promotion for the Zingotel refugees?

Slogan: "We won't take you to the cleaners"

dcurrey
Premium Member
join:2004-06-29
Mason, OH

dcurrey to Nite Rider

Premium Member

to Nite Rider
Why does the sound a lot like the Sunrocket/Teleblend all over again.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

Yeah. But at least TeleBlend was in existence beforehand.

Sounds more like BlueSky to "SunRise".

See:

»www.voipmonitor.net/2007 ··· way.aspx

»www.voipmonitor.net/2007 ··· ers.aspx
PX Eliezer704

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

And the FOLLOWUPS: (Voxilla posts from late 2008):

"SUNRISEPHONE BROADBAND PHONE (VOIP) (www.sunrisephone.com) appears to be dead. No service, will not answer emails, phone calls or support tickets. Appears to be a scam and same entity as BLUE SKY BROADBAND which shut down last year and continued charging customers for months..."

"I had sunrise phone for months, never worked right and then they doubled my rate per month. We told them we wanted it disconnected, sent the box back, and even changed our bank card. They are still trying to charge us and it's been three months. I get an email EVERY day saying we owe them but I can't reply to it and they don't answer any email, calls, etc... It's getting annoying but at least they can't get to my money now. Gee you have to watch out for companies like this, it's terrible..."

Brianr
@bbtel.com

Brianr to Nite Rider

Anon

to Nite Rider
ok so I am bored and searching about zingo and miracletel and come up with this link to a company called miracle telcom in india »www.hotfrog.in/Companies ··· -Telecom

now I dont know it is the same company but if it is look at the listing for what the company does under our products and services

RockyBB
Premium Member
join:2005-01-31
Steamboat Springs, CO

RockyBB to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

Form 8-K for ZINGO, INC.
Did I ever mention that years ago I received an offering flyer for Zingotel's IPO? It seemed interesting until I saw the return address -- Las Vegas -- then I tossed it in the trash.

CosmoWizard
@..airtelbroadband.in

CosmoWizard to Nite Rider

Anon

to Nite Rider
Yes Zingotel did go out of business. Zingotel basically shutdown due to lack of funding. Miracle Telecom is a brand new company launched about two months back. The management at Miracle Telecom had a few contacts at Zingotel. With this contact, they got hold of the Zingo Customer's emails and hired a few Ex-Zingotel employees to ensure that Zingotel customers are given a better value service that what Zingotel offered.

JosephFr
@netserviceteam.com

JosephFr

Anon

said by CosmoWizard :

Yes Zingotel did go out of business. Zingotel basically shutdown due to lack of funding. Miracle Telecom is a brand new company launched about two months back. The management at Miracle Telecom had a few contacts at Zingotel. With this contact, they got hold of the Zingo Customer's emails and hired a few Ex-Zingotel employees to ensure that Zingotel customers are given a better value service that what Zingotel offered.
So Miracle IS the same shady characters as Zingotel. No legitimate company going out of business quietly gives away its customer contacts to another new business who it has "a few contacts" at.

cosmowizard
@..airtelbroadband.in

cosmowizard

Anon

As far as i was told, Miracle Telecom is trying to help customers from Zingotel to remain in service without interruption and customer contacts obtained from Zingotel are just the "Name, telephone number and email address" which IMHO cannot make Miracle Telecom shady in any way.

TW Wilson
@optonline.net

TW Wilson

Anon

Really?!

said by cosmowizard :

As far as i was told, Miracle Telecom is trying to help customers from Zingotel to remain in service without interruption and customer contacts obtained from Zingotel are just the "Name, telephone number and email address" which IMHO cannot make Miracle Telecom shady in any way.
So how do you explain this:

»Re: Zingotel Gone?

"If you have a zingo box spa2100 it is now getting its config file from »prov.miracle.com/spa/cfg/Mac.cfg this is just a bit of what is in the cfg file"
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango to cosmowizard

Premium Member

to cosmowizard

Re: Zingotel Gone?

Hi Cosmowizard,

Surely you realize that the vast number of coincidences in this situation (including an anonymous poster with a New Delhi-based ISP making vague posts defending Miracletel) lead us to become suspicious. Also, your posts do not entirely make sense. If Miracletel is truly "trying to help customers from Zingotel remain in service without interruption", may I respectfully suggest that you may want to increase your efforts. We have a member here who can no longer connect to his account and who may not be able to port his number for a while.

If you truly are interested in helping your company, sign up for an account here, join in a few discussions, and demonstrate your knowledge of this technology.

m.

ScotMTZ
@verizon.net

ScotMTZ to CosmoWizard

Anon

to CosmoWizard
I have Zingtotel. I figured they went out of Business. We can still make outgoing calls. Can anyone else? I paid my bill via a Paypal credit card. I called and they will block any future Zingotel charges.
cosmowizard
Premium Member
join:2009-05-18

cosmowizard to Mango

Premium Member

to Mango
Hi Mango2,

Thank you for pointing me out to register. I just did that. Well, at the moment, all of Zingotel's services are down and we are trying what is best possible to help Zingotel customers retain service.

Finally, Miracle Telecom is a legitimate business trying to enter into the VOIP arena with an aim to provide good quality of service at low price.

RockyBB
Premium Member
join:2005-01-31
Steamboat Springs, CO

1 edit

RockyBB

Premium Member

I won't pile on! Sometimes good things result from adversity. Lou Gehrig could not start his hall of fame baseball career until the previous first baseman was hurt.

ScotMTZ
@verizon.net

ScotMTZ to Brianr

Anon

to Brianr
Spa 2100 Box, I can not get into it. I use to be able to log on. I am now unable to do so. Anyone else notice the same thing? Will not accept my user name and password.
cosmowizard
Premium Member
join:2009-05-18

cosmowizard

Premium Member

Some one from Miracle Telecom might be able to help you to recover it. Please contact 1-877-660-8899