spc
Search similar:

uniqs

new to satellite
@propel.com

new to satellite

Anon

[DISH] Price per month

I am thinking about getting Dish network's Bronze top 100 plan for 32.99 and get locals for 5.00 for a total of 37.99 I live in KY and have a 6% sales tax. I would like to know the amount of the bill after taxes and fees are all added in. I plan on just one tv and hooking it up to a phone line. I don't want any dvrs or hd channels. Any help with finding a total bill per month would be appreciated. Maybe somebody has this package and can tell me how much their bill is. Thanks

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

$40.27 ?
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora to new to satellite

Premium Member

to new to satellite
Over here - »www.multichannel.com/art ··· Fair.php it says Kentucky charges a 5.4% excise tax on satellite.

If that is the case, and if sales tax is in addition to the excise tax, then it would be a 11.4% tax for someone in Kentucky.

A $37.99 bill would work out to be $42.32 per month.

Have you called Dish to inquire?

sonofjay
Mission Accomplished - Bush May 1, 2003
MVM
join:2001-05-14
Malden, MA

sonofjay to new to satellite

MVM

to new to satellite
Classic Bronze 100 = $34.99

»www.dishnetwork.com/quot ··· tor.html

you should call Dish to find out exactly what additional/bogus taxes your state applies to satellite service

new to satellite
@propel.com

new to satellite to new to satellite

Anon

to new to satellite
I haven't called specifically to find the actual price per month. I did enquire some time back and was told that the price was what was on the website. I know there has to be taxes and fees. The person would not give me a direct quote for actual price per month. I don't want to enter into a contract just to find out that fees and taxes are 10 or 15 dollars extra like on the phone bill.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed to new to satellite

MVM

to new to satellite
You might want to see if anyone here has Dish in KY: »Southeast

NoOneCares
join:2000-09-16
Portland, OR

NoOneCares to new to satellite

to new to satellite
I pay the exact price that is stated on the web site. There are no hidden fees like phone/cell bills.

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

Some states (and cities ?) do charge taxes on satellite service, so not everyone will pay the "published" rate.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

4 edits

Hayward0

Premium Member

said by Hall:

Some states (and cities ?) do charge taxes on satellite service, so not everyone will pay the "published" rate.
Exactly and Fl has no income tax, ...but they have to get money from some where on sat TV and cell phones its about 13% You don't even have to THINK ABOUT or enter on a return. (unless maybe bussiness)

Now you are in a state with IncTx, and still SAT tax then yes I would bitch big time. Here what needs to be but without that major state return hassle conundrum.
Hayward0

4 edits

Hayward0 to new to satellite

Premium Member

to new to satellite
said by new to satellite :

I am thinking about getting Dish network's Bronze top 100 plan for 32.99 and get locals for 5.00 for a total of 37.99 I live in KY and have a 6% sales tax. I would like to know the amount of the bill after taxes and fees are all added in. I plan on just one tv and hooking it up to a phone line. I don't want any dvrs or hd channels. Any help with finding a total bill per month would be appreciated. Maybe somebody has this package and can tell me how much their bill is. Thanks
Depends on the state too.... but here in FL the tax on Sat and Cell is well in excess of state sales tax (as often there are local/city taxes too) Then again we have no income tax either so can't bitch too much, for them getting it where they can.

Here in KW it amounts to about 13% vs state sales tax of about 7.5% wich also varies county to county.

I thinK State it is 6.5% and then various counties add on their tax here in Monroe iT is 1% for 7.5%, BUT SOME PLACE IN FL ARE LIKE 8 TO 8.5%

But then aggain for Cell and Sat KW adds on another 4% or so.

Still I can live with that for no income tax. For a real world total for those bills of like 13% (vs the 7.5% sales tax otherwise) on Cell, Cable and Sat bills. And I have heard varying things on wheter or not CABLE is exempted, and its ALL on CELL and Sat Alone.

And still that 5% ADDED cable isn't paying they are so greedy, that SAT ( DTV or DISH) is still far cheaper than mostly at least SE FL Cumcast rape.

Mannus
Premium Member
join:2005-10-25
Fort Wayne, IN

Mannus to new to satellite

Premium Member

to new to satellite
Before I suspended my service last month, I was paying 50.00 a month for the bronze package and a SD DT-DVR.
matrixdsl
join:2004-01-18
Chicago, IL

matrixdsl to new to satellite

to new to satellite
I have Comcast and paying $70.00 per month, i can't afford it anymore. I need a cheaper monthly payment. What would be the cheapest plan on Dish Network that would have SCI-FI, History, A&E?

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

»dishnetwork.com/packages ··· ult.aspx
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678 to matrixdsl

to matrixdsl
the cheap plan does not have your RSN the next level does.

You can also get direct tv for about $34.99 / 39.99 /m first year for about 50 more channles. The next year should be about $23 /m more. add $10 /m for HD and $6 for DVR.

save $5 /m more if you have att DSL / phone

First box free / any one after that is $5 /m.

you also get many of channels that comcast puts in there sports pack.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to new to satellite

Premium Member

to new to satellite
said by new to satellite :

Some states like here it is in excess of normal sales tax...

You want to have a guage is tax on Cell Phones above sales tax rate? Likely Sat will be the same if like FL.