justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28

1 recommendation

justin

Mod

async upload fixed for safari

At least in my testing, I've worked around the async upload and auto-submit failure with safari. It now works ok. Please report any problems as a consequence of this change that you find. I haven't tested google chrome yet.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Initial test in Chrome looks promising.

/sendfile still doesn't work though!

Thanks.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod

justin

Mod

sendfile doesn't work in Chrome or doesn't work for you at all? (it does for me).

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

In Chrome, when you go to sendfile and choose a file to upload it will seemingly upload. There's no status bar and the page doesn't refresh. Subsequent visits to the sendfile page don't show the file that you uploaded.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

1 edit

justin

Mod

This is what I've tested so far, for background uploading in forum posts, digital imaging, and /sendfile ..

MSIE7 - works (always did)
MSIE6 - works (didn't for a few hours)
firefox - works (always did)
safari 3.1.x - works (didn't before)
chrome under windows - works (didn't before, no surprise - uses safari webkit)
MSIE8 - works, in native mode as well as compat mode
safari 4.x - works

when I say works I mean it handles both tiny uploads where there is no chance to update the status, and large uploads where the status is updated all the way to 100%, and handles the automatic submit to results page as well.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Interesting set if testing results. I have had the upload work (so far ) once in Chrome. I have only tried it once. But I went to test send file and the exact behavior I was experiencing just a couple of days ago is what I received. i'll try again later today when I am at my computer versus the iPod Touch.
drew

drew to justin

Premium Member

to justin
Huzzah!

Both are working now -- and thanks for throwing a white box around the text since Chrome (WebKit I take it) renders the whole thing poorly.