spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Cyclorbit
@mchsi.com

Cyclorbit

Anon

[General] Same problem with MJ and Teleblend

I had MJ that stopped working last year. I tried to fix it but could not. I did not need a VOIP line at that time, so did not bother. Now I needed one, so I paid one year subsciption and connected it again. Now it will make calls and receive calls but there is no audio on either end. I can hear it ringing when I call MJ but no audio when I talk. I cannot hear anything from other side.When I make calls from MJ, I can hear the other phone (landline or cell in the next room) ringing but again no audio at either end. I tried everything but nothing works.

So I got a Teleblend unit (same thing that looks like Sunrocket gizmo) from a friend who is going on vacation and tested. Again same problem. Can make and receive calls (can hear ringing at both ends) but absolutely no audio at either end.

What could be the problem?
The PC audio/sound card is fine. I can hear music from online sites and I connected Dlink Skype adapter (attached to phone) to the same PC thru USB hub and Skype to go works good. But it needs skype credits.

Any suggestions

voiplover
Premium Member
join:2004-05-28
Portsmouth, NH

voiplover

Premium Member

said by Cyclorbit :

... I connected Dlink Skype adapter (attached to phone) to the same PC thru USB hub and Skype to go works good. But it needs skype credits.

Any suggestions
Buy more skype credits.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo to Cyclorbit

Premium Member

to Cyclorbit
Sounded like a NAT/Firewall issue.

mgraves1
Premium Member
join:2004-04-05
Houston, TX

mgraves1 to Cyclorbit

Premium Member

to Cyclorbit
Oh, yes. You are suffering a problem with the media streams not being passed through your router. You may need to setup port forwarding from your router to your SIP end-point.

Michael

Cyclorbit
@verizon.net

Cyclorbit

Anon

I have already forwarded ports 5060-5070 (UDP) on my westell versalink 327 modem/router for Magicjack.

What else should I do? and how do I do it?

voiplover
Premium Member
join:2004-05-28
Portsmouth, NH

voiplover

Premium Member

You also need to forward the ports that the provider uses for incall packets (voice).