I'm surprised corp. these days is:

»www.betanews.com/article ··· 36098956
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

Fair is fair.. however, if you ask me, they are mini laptops.. some of the first ones that came out were more "net" like , however, I just got one yesterday and they're just mini-laptops... or "smaller" laptops.. Minus the CD rom, it's a laptop as we are used to.

I really don't get caught up in a name anyway.. I think those arguments are silly and just exist to keep lawyers on the payroll.

My "netbook" has Windows XP Home on it, a 10" screen (slightly smaller than a laptop Sony makes) a card reader, USB, port for a monitor, 3 USB ports, and a 160GB sata 5400 hard drive with a celeron processor.

I can install Office on it, photo programs.. PcAnywhere.. etc.. it's a computer if you ask me. They could call it a "sex box" if they wanted to.. but "it has a name, and it's Sony"... no wait.. sorry.. it's an ASUS.. I'm getting Family guy mixed up into my post here.

en102
Canadian, eh?
join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

en102

hehe - a true netbook would make me think of a java/firmware based box with no storage. Kind of takes me back to Xterminal / VT220 / Terminal Services. History repeating itself.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

EX-actly!