spc
Search similar:

uniqs

tmh
@qwest.net

tmh to tvtek

Anon

to tvtek

Re: Just wondering if the South still exists?

said by tvtek:

There's nothing wrong with the plastic women in the west!...lol
If I'd wanted plastic women, I'd buy a blow up dolly.

No wait, I have one...

Thespis
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.
Premium Member
join:2004-08-03
Keller, TX

Thespis to McSummation

Premium Member

to McSummation
Good link!
I grew up about 15 miles from Weimar...
Kiwi88
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Bryant, AR

Kiwi88

Premium Member

Well apparently, the South does exist had doubts for a wee bit, particularly when the map shrunk. Always thought anything south of the Mason Dixon was South, apparently that's not entirely true though, CA is not on my list of "South" where FL is. Certainly some places mentioned are decidedly absent for South Central, MS and TN could have been included?

Now, food -That's liable to get pretty deep in a hurry...LOL

Still a few faces missing around here, *Squints* with a *Smile*.

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

dandelion to Kiwi88

MVM

to Kiwi88
I agree, those "northerners" divided up the south *gasps*

BTW the best BBQ is in Tennessee

tvtek
Live life to its fullest
Premium Member
join:2004-03-07
Walnut Creek, CA

tvtek to tmh

Premium Member

to tmh
said by tmh :
said by tvtek:

There's nothing wrong with the plastic women in the west!...lol
If I'd wanted plastic women, I'd buy a blow up dolly.

No wait, I have one...
Aren't you too old to play with dollies? LOL
Kiwi88
Premium Member
Bryant, AR

Kiwi88

Premium Member

Real men, play with real woman, the rest make do.

HEY, it's clearing up after ten weeks of messed up weekends, the South has relented and tomorrow looks like Southern fried catfish, crappy (why are they not spelled Croppy? ) and or Bass; roasted baked...What ever, I love re fried beans and I know that's rather deep South not Southern, but corn bread is in the wings with of course peppers Corn on the TN cob, LA crawfish.

Speaking of hot peppers I have started a trend locally (Actually three years ago) BBQ burgers with peppers, to die for if home made.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

said by Kiwi88:

Speaking of hot peppers I have started a trend locally (Actually three years ago) BBQ burgers with peppers, to die for if home made.
Hmmm...got a recipe?

Thespis
Premium Member
Keller, TX

Thespis to Tzale

Premium Member

to Tzale
said by Tzale:

When was the last time you heard of the South doing anything? LOL...
Drive much? We probably made your gasoline...

McSummation
Mmmm, Zeebas Are Tastee.
Premium Member
join:2003-08-13
Fort Worth, TX

McSummation

Premium Member

There's an even higher probability that the natural gas that heats his house or makes his electricity came from the South, namely Texas or Oklahoma.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to Thespis

MVM

to Thespis
said by Thespis:
said by Tzale:

When was the last time you heard of the South doing anything? LOL...
Drive much? We probably made your gasoline...
Most the gasoline around here comes from south of Suisun Bay. Except for that which comes from Benicia (north of Suisun Bay).

Thespis
Premium Member
Keller, TX

Thespis

Premium Member

said by NormanS:

Most the gasoline around here comes from south of Suisun Bay. Except for that which comes from Benicia (north of Suisun Bay).
That's nice.
Tzale lives in New Jersey...
BTW, California does import gasoline. There are a couple of places that make the California blend. Finland and Corpus Christie, TX...
Kiwi88
Premium Member
Bryant, AR

Kiwi88 to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil
said by Koil:

said by Kiwi88:

Hmmm...got a recipe?
Yep. Now excuse me, I had to take my fifteen month old Grand daughter on her first real lake trip. OT The sun shone brightly and she is fair skinned with blond, strawberry hair, needles to say I was more concerned with her than fishing. Fish were caught though, just not by me. They had to be released because they were all to small for the skillet; baby girl loved the fish, the wind rushing past at high speed (Normally I don't do that, but she was having too much fun). We are all pretty tired....

Anyway, home cooked burger for six @ least, no less than four, fresh of course:

The applied maximum amount of non diet ground beef. (NO. no -not bean supplement...LOL)
1/4 cup flour.
1 large egg
Teaspoon of "Six Peppers" / Salt to taste, a fair heavy sprinkling in my neck of the woods.
1/3 a teaspoon of Cilantro
One chopped clove of garlic, ground up successfully in Southern style.
...Now, scare your pants off -Marmite (Can be bought locally), two tablespoons. Not everybody appreciates this 'luxury' and can skip it and use one tablespoon of Worcester sauce.
One heaped table spoon of A1 sauce (Original)

Always, always have to add bacon, the more the better.
Non plastic cheese; a slice of sharp Cheddar and a slice of mozzarella.

Sounds complicated, but it's really not. Add hot sliced peppers onto the lettuce.Walla, a great meal.

Huge Sesame buns, lettuce and tomatoes, nothing else is needed.

BTW -The South makes a lot of 'Stuff' unfortunately unless it's from LA; you don't get to eat it; right now the South does more than the North, if one excludes free tax rides.

Er, no plastic woman as a rule, either.

MrMaster
Rum Connoisseur
Premium Member
join:2000-12-16
St Thomas, VI

MrMaster to Kiwi88

Premium Member

to Kiwi88
I like the food here but I think Texas is just a different animal all on it's own. It's a little southwest and a little southern but I would never mistake it for a Tennessee or Alabama.

and I guess I am a carpetbagger cause I don't plan on moving back to the Midwest.
Kiwi88
Premium Member
Bryant, AR

Kiwi88

Premium Member

Never really had a problem with any of the States I stayed in (Most), the food is certainly different though from one State to another, at least in terms of what each considers a staple everyday fare.

I wonder if there are links that discern the differences?

The most enjoyable meals State side was in Dallas and New Orleans. Always wanted to have a go at the top East for seafood, but as yet have not had a chance.

The Dixy Line seems to change...LOL The MidWest like every other place has it's ups and downs, kids hold me here, but were I live a little culture would go a long way. Real International news is pretty much absent, if not for the net and that also shows around here. "In the World today...." /insert the State.

So, how far North does one go before they leave the South, from West to East...

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

The Mason-Dixon is generally a good indicator.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma ··· xon_Line
Kiwi88
Premium Member
Bryant, AR

Kiwi88

Premium Member

Darn sight shorter than I thought, live and learn.

McSummation
Mmmm, Zeebas Are Tastee.
Premium Member
join:2003-08-13
Fort Worth, TX

1 recommendation

McSummation

Premium Member

When it was surveyed, the western end of it was "out in the wilderness" by quite a few miles.

One thing to remember is that Maryland, West Virginia, and Kentucky were not part of the Confederate States of America, even though they are south of the Mason-Dixon Line. I usually include Kentucky when I think of "The South", whereas Maryland and WV are not.