spc
Search similar:

uniqs

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

CS2000

Does anyone have a picture of a Nortel CS 2000?

quetwo
That VoIP Guy
Premium Member
join:2004-09-04
East Lansing, MI

quetwo

Premium Member

We've got a CS2000 running in one of our old buildings. What specifically do you want pictures of? It looks pretty much like any other multi-cabinert Option 61, for the most part....

fifty nine
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

said by quetwo:

We've got a CS2000 running in one of our old buildings. What specifically do you want pictures of? It looks pretty much like any other multi-cabinert Option 61, for the most part....
Just the front and back, I would like to compare it to the DMS100.

Basically when we first got phone service, it was part of an expansion and upgrade project where they had deployed DMS100's and then later changed them out to CS2000s I believe. This was in Trinidad and Tobago in 1989. I actually visited one of the CO's later on and saw the old DMS100s.

It's just for my own personal curiousity really. I googled to see what they upgraded to, and I saw that they had probably upgraded to CS2000s.

I found a pic here of the CS2000:

»www.broadbandgear.net/ar ··· oip.html

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to fifty nine

Premium Member

to fifty nine
CS2k is mostly run off a bunch of Sun servers; with Nortel Passport 8600 and 15000 ATM/Ethernet switches and packet gateways. I've got 3 of them at work (LEC) that I may be able to dig up pics of...

The peripherals (ENET/DTC/SPM/ISME/etc) pretty much remain the same; for legacy interconnects.

The CS1ks that I've seen look more like a Meridian/SL1 stack, then the 2ks do... But there may be other packaging that I haven't come across.

Laz
LazMan

LazMan to fifty nine

Premium Member

to fifty nine
Click for full size
Front of CS2k lineup
Click for full size
Rear of CS2k lineup
Here are some pics from an install we did about a year ago...

DaMaGeINC
The Lan Man
Premium Member
join:2002-06-08
Greenville, SC

DaMaGeINC to fifty nine

Premium Member

to fifty nine
So my question is, What do they do?

kewlkeed
Grouch
Premium Member
join:2005-02-05
Knowlton, QC

kewlkeed to fifty nine

Premium Member

to fifty nine
Laz just so we're clear... I hate you

Yeah what do they do again?

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to DaMaGeINC

to DaMaGeINC
It's Notel's softswitch. I think it's mostly used for terminating VoIP. Maybe a replacement for the DMS? I am not a Nortel guy so I don't know an awful lot about Nortel gear.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to fifty nine

Premium Member

to fifty nine
The CS2K (aka CallServer 2000) is the next generation of Nortel voice switch. It runs VoIP natively; and converts (via the PVG or Packet/Voice Gateway) to TDM where required.

It can be a new switch from the ground up, or through a program called succession, existing DMS's can be converted to a CS2k setup; replacing the MS, and parts of the front end. Each CS2k is good for upto about 200k lines or line-eqiv's.

That help?

Laz

fifty nine
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine to LazMan

to LazMan
Thanks Lazman!